Advertisement
|

What is the Last Grade for KNUST?

What is the last grade for KNUST? Find out the last grade that can be obtained at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). Read this to understand how the Cumulative Weighted Average (CWA) grading system works and what grades you need to achieve.

What is the Last Grade for KNUST?

Advertisement

Congratulations on securing admission to this prestigious institution!

Now, let’s learn about the KNUST grading system and explore how it determines your academic standing.

Advertisement

What is the Last Grade for KNUST?

The last grade for KNUST is “F” which represents a fail, with a percentage below 40.

KNUST Grading System

At KNUST, the grading system in use is called the Cumulative Weighted Average (CWA). This system assesses and grades students based on their overall performance.

It is essential because it determines what class of degree you will receive at the end of each academic year, which affects your fate.

Read Also:  How to Check UPSA Admission List Online 2023/2024

Naturally, you wouldn’t want anything less than a second-class lower. As a first-year student at KNUST, all students, regardless of their field of study, start with a CWA of 100.00.

Advertisement

However, as soon as you begin attending lectures and taking exams, your grades and the KNUST grading system come into play.

Typically, your exams contribute 70% to your overall grade, while the remaining 30% is based on other aspects.

Aspects like practicals, assignments, group work, research, punctuality, mid-semester examinations, and more, all of which vary depending on your course and the lecturer’s discretion in evaluating your performance.

To understand the grading system, let’s take a look at the different classes and their corresponding CWAs:

  • First Class: A CWA of 70.00 and above
  • Second Class Upper: A CWA ranging from 60.00 to 69.99
  • Second Class Lower: A CWA ranging from 50.00 to 59.00
  • Pass: A CWA ranging from 40.00 to 49.99
Read Also:  Johnson & Wales University: Admission, Programs, Tuition, Ranking, Scholarships

Grading Scale for Individual Courses

Here’s a table that outlines the grading system at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) for individual courses:

Grade Percentage Range Description US Grade
A 80.00 – 100.00 Outstanding A+
A- 75.00 – 79.99 Excellent A
B 65.00 – 74.99 Very Good B
C 60.00 – 64.99 Good B-
D 50.00 – 59.99 Credit C
F 0.00 – 49.99 Fail F
I Incomplete

Calculating Your Cumulative Weighted Average (CWA)

To calculate your CWA, you need to multiply the score you obtained in each course by the units (credit hours) assigned to that course.

For example, if you scored 74 in a 3-unit course, you would multiply 74 by 3. Once you have the total, divide it by the total number of credit hours (units) to obtain your CWA.

Read Also:  School of Post Basic Midwifery Emekuku Admission Requirements 2023/2024

The KNUST grading system, based on the Cumulative Weighted Average (CWA), plays a vital role in determining your academic standing and the class of degree you will be awarded.

Understanding the grading system and calculating your CWA can help you track your progress and make informed decisions to maintain a successful academic journey.

Remember to focus on both your academic performance and your personal growth during your time at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.

Embrace the opportunities available, seek support when needed, and strive for excellence in all aspects of your university experience.

Best of luck in your studies at KNUST!

Advertisement

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *