The SNV Ghana Recruitment 2020/2021… | SNV Ghana invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for SNV Ghana Recruitment 2020.
Are you a Ghanaian or Based in Ghana and you have been looking for an opportunity to get recruited? SNV Ghana is Recruiting new workers.
SNV Ghana recruitment has begun to recruit new employees, Therefore interested and suitably qualified members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at SNV Ghana.
Available Positions Include:
1. Job Title: Partnership Facilitator-Poultry
Overview of the Project
The 2SCALE program 2019-23 builds on achievements and lessons learnt from the first phase (2012-18, www.2scale.org). It aims to be a flagship program for the Netherlands’ food security policy and one of the leading catalysts of inclusive agribusiness in sub-Saharan Africa.
2SCALE is designed to incubate and accelerate inclusive agribusiness development in target countries in Africa (Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Niger and Nigeria). Public-private partnerships (PPPs) are the core implementation modality to achieve the objectives of the program. 2SCALE’s strategy is three-pronged:
1. Incubating inclusive business: through PPPs, 2SCALE works together with private enterprises to develop agribusiness models that promote inclusiveness, develop (new) competitive edge, and have potential for scaling. PPPs support value chain development and agribusiness cluster formation. The agribusiness cluster approach helps smallholder farmers develop farming as a business and supply agricultural products for local, national, regional and international markets. 2SCALE partners with African and multinational agri-food companies as drivers to increase productivity and to improve efficiency and sustainability of supported agribusiness clusters and value chains. Specific attention is given to youth and women to integrate value chains (as farmers, laborers, entrepreneurs, service providers), and to low income / “base of the pyramid” (BoP) consumers that represent the largest market for food products in sub-Saharan Africa.
2. Replicating inclusive business: through PPPs, 2SCALE supports the replication of most successful business models, in different settings (regions, industries), through the same or different private partners.
3. Facilitating sub-sector system change: 2SCALE supports engaged Business Leaders/Industry platforms to tackle critical bottlenecks that cannot be solved by the actors within the focus PPPs, and which affects a number of actors in the sub-sector simultaneously. This support aims to improve selected sub-sector systems dynamics in order to be more inclusive, sustainable, resilient and competitive. Such sub-sector systems changes will thus enable the scaling of good performance among individual actors within the sub-sector concerned.
2SCALE is funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and implemented by a consortium led by the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) and comprising the Base-of-the-Pyramid Innovation Center (BoPInc) and the Netherlands Development Organization (SNV). The Partnerships Resource Center (PrC) supports the consortium as a knowledge partner.
The project is seeking applicants for a full-time position for Advisor Partnership Facilitator-Poultry
The Partnership Facilitator will initiate and lead the 2SCALE country team in the design and implementation of activities related to the poultry PPPs. She/ he will work closely with 2SCALE technical specialists (e.g. in financial inclusion, women economic empowerment, youth inclusion, climate-smart agriculture) to facilitate the integration of the thematic-related strategies in the PPPs. The Partnership Facilitator is part of the 2SCALE country team and contributes to the external communication and reporting. The Partnership Facilitator will also be one of the leading members of the poultry sector group within 2SCALE.
• Support the 2SCALE country team in collecting and analyzing market and industry information related to anticipated and existing PPPs.
• Lead the 2SCALE country team in designing, formalizing, implementing, monitoring and documenting PPPs with private business champions (companies or cooperatives) and other relevant private/ public partner;
• Develop business idea screening forms, partnership briefs and descriptions with clear theories of change, and well as related action plans and cost-shared budgets.
• Lead field interventions that fall under 2SCALE’s responsibility, in line with set targets, and in close collaboration with 2SCALE technical specialists. These activities may include but not be limited to the following:
– Mobilization of actors around target agribusiness clusters and value chains.
– Profiling/ assessments of agribusiness cluster and value chain actors (and of their organizations).
– Business connections of grassroots actors.
– Coordination of activities of connected local actors within agribusiness clusters, based on competitive strategies.
– Capacity building (technical, organizational) and empowerment programs.
– Promotion of innovations within agribusiness clusters and value chains.
– Capacity and trust building activities to improve efficiency and reduce transaction costs within value chains.
– Linkage of value chain actors to financial and other support services.
Monitor and document the progress of the PPPs in line with:
– PPP key performance indicators and markers for change.
– PPP action plans and cost-shared budgets.
• Prepares in close consultation with the contract manager the relevant PPP sub-grants for business support services and consultancies. Monitor these sub-grants, particularly through frequent field visits to cluster actors.
• Support technical specialists to fine-tune and implement the thematic-related interventions in PPPs.
• The Partnership Facilitator will liaise with communication Specialists to develop outreach materials (in English) in a frequent manner, and ensure the visibility of the PPPs and their development (achievements, challenges, lessons learnt).
• The Partnership Facilitator will be one of the leading members of the poultry sector team and when required will support other Partnership Facilitators with PPPs in the same sector in other 2SCALE countries. This can include short term support missions. Respond to and seek advice from the 2SCALE management to improve sector and industry knowledge, forward-looking strategizing within the sector, and priority-setting within existing and new PPPs, as well as exchange and learning within and around 2SCALE. S/He will play an active role to facilitate learning and exchange via the 2SCALE platforms. (max 10% of time).
• Write and submit timely activity reports, as well as other technical reports, notes and partnership profiles.
The Partnership Facilitator may implement other tasks that the 2SCALE management deems necessary for the success of the program.
Supervision and team collaboration
The Partnership Facilitator is supervised and reports to the 2SCALE Country Team Leader. She/he works in close collaboration with all 2SCALE colleagues in Ghana and in the other countries 2SCALE is active.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicant must have relevant knowledge in Private Sector; good understanding and work experience in value chain development and agribusiness operations. She/he must have strong knowledge and experience in the poultry sector in Ghana and knowledge of the poultry sector in (West) Africa.
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in agribusiness and agriculture operations with Private Sector especially in poultry.
• Master’s degree in one of the following: Agribusiness; Agriculture Economics, Animal Science, and/or related field.
• Must have worked in the poultry sector in Ghana for not less than five years.
• Proven experience in organizing and facilitating capacity building programs (trainings, demonstrations, field visits, etc.), business meetings, and other events for value chain stakeholders in poultry.
• Good spoken French and ability to read and contribute to written documents in French.
• Result-orientation and ability to take initiatives under minimal supervision, and to reach targets.
• Excellent spoken English and ability to write quality documents in English.
• Good spoken local Ghanaian language
How To Apply
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 02 October, 2020
- The SNV Ghana DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We hereby Advice that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more Questions and further Information pertaining to this recruitment get in touch with us on the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for SNV Ghana Recruitment 2020
To apply for the SNV Ghana Recruitment Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum SNV Ghana Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.