The International Foundation for Electoral Systems Recruitment 2023/2024… | The International Foundation for Electoral Systems Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. The International Foundation for Electoral Systems recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Ghanaian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited in the coming International Foundation for Electoral Systems Recruitment and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the 2023/2024 International Foundation for Electoral Systems recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at The International Foundation for Electoral Systems.
Therefore all Interested and qualified applicants must be Ghanaian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university, in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems Recruitment 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Project Officer/Senior Project Officer
About the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES): IFES advances democracy for a better future. We collaborate with civil society, public institutions, and the private sector to build resilient democracies that deliver for all. Our technical assistance and applied research develop trusted electoral bodies capable of conducting credible elections; effective and accountable governing institutions; civic and political processes in which all people can safely and equally participate; and innovative ways in which technology and data can positively serve elections and democracy. Since 1987, IFES has worked in more than 145 countries, from developing to mature democracies. In accordance with IFES’ approach: A society is able to reach its full potential in a world in which people of all genders are fully engaged as equal partners in their families, workplaces, and communities. Based on international human rights standards and best practices, IFES promotes political participation, justice, and equal rights around the world. IFES reflects these values in its programming and workplace culture.
The greatest assets of IFES are our team members. IFES offers competitive benefits and pay, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment. Every member of the IFES team is responsible for carrying out the mission of IFES and integrating IFES values into their work every day: Commitment to Excellence, Effective Communication, High-Quality Decision-Making, Accountability, Teamwork, and Collaboration.
IFES is seeking a local national Project Officer/Senior Project Officer (PO/SPO) to support IFES Ghana programming. Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Elections Specialist, the PO/SPO will provide technical and operational support to the IFES Ghana office. They will be responsible for the development and timely execution of high-quality activities and deliverables.
This position is open to Ghanaian nationals only.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Remain informed and updated on all political and election-related developments.
- Provide general programmatic and logistical support, as well as report writing, under the direction of the Senior Elections Specialist
- Support implementation of activities as directed by the Senior Elections Specialist, based on approved workplan(s), budgeting, and other relevant frameworks.
- Liaise with international and national electoral stakeholders, and maintain and nourish key relationships.
- Coordinate with IFES’ CEPPS partners and other USAID implementing partners and participate in roundtables or other events per the Senior Elections Specialist’s guidance.
- Contribute to regular programmatic reports to donors and IFES HQ, including quarterly performance reports, policy briefs, and technical documents as needed.
- Lead monitoring & evaluation data collection in a field office in coordination with the IFES HQ team and update data in IFES platforms.
- Organize IFES programs and activities such as events, workshops, and training by undertaking activity planning and facilitation, presenting sessions, arranging for accommodation and venues in conjunction with the Finance and Administration Officer, and general activity organization and administration.
- Support drafting of requests for proposals, and scopes of work necessary for programmatic activities; participate in evaluations for purposes of selecting vendors and/or sub-awardees, as applicable.
- Monitor Sub-awardees’ progress and deliverables, including collecting documentation of deliverables and holding check-in meetings to discuss progress, issues, or concerns.
- Collect, organize, and ensure the accuracy of project documents (activity reports, project deliverables, event attendee lists, success stories, donor communications, etc.) in the IFES SharePoint system.
- Identify any potential issue or risk that could affect the progression of the project or operations within IFES Ghana, communicate these items with the Senior Elections Specialist, and work to identify potential solutions.
- Closely monitor the project schedule, including monitoring deadlines for each project task and deliverable, and raise potential delays with the Senior Elections Specialist.
- Ensure branding, marking, and reporting expectations are well planned and met.
- Maintain and develop productive working relationships with partner organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in political science, International Development, Public Administration, or similar qualification required; master’s degree preferred.
Experience & Skills
- Level 7 (PO) 4+ years of experience & Level 8 (SPO) 6+ years of experience in project management or development.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects and/or with international NGOs on implementation of development programs.
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in democracy and elections.
- Sound experience in program and activity management including organizing events, workshops, training, and activity facilitation, development, and presentation of training sessions.
- Excellent reporting and document-handling skills.
- Familiarity with M&E practices.
- Experience monitoring local Sub-awardees’ progress and deliverables is preferred.
- Training/facilitation skills are an advantage.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
Skills And Specifications
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with the IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Team player eager to take on a variety of responsibilities.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity.
- Passion for the IFES mission.
Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Proficiency in at least one other language in use within an assigned project location is an advantage.
TRAVEL: Travel within Ghana on an as-needed basis to support project implementation.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 28th September, 2023
- The International Foundation for Electoral Systems DOES NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during, or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who want to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We hereby Advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more Questions and further Information pertaining to this recruitment get in touch with us on the Comment Space Below.
A few things to know before Applying for The International Foundation for Electoral Systems Recruitment 2023
To apply for the International Foundation for Electoral Systems Recruitment Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline for any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum The International Foundation for Electoral Systems Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required documents before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.