The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Recruitment 2023/2024… | CSIR Recruitment Portal are now open for new recruitment. Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Ghanaian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited in the upcoming Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Recruitment and yet you are still not sure on how to start. This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Ghanaian for the 2023/2024 Council for Scientific and Industrial Research CSIR recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be: Ghanaian citizen by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Recruitment 2023/2024
Job Title: Deputy Director-General (Research and Development)
The Ghana Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of: Deputy Director-General (Research and Development)
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Ghana is the leading Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) organisation mandated to carry out research for national development. The CSIR was established in October 1968 and re-established in its present form by the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Act, 1996, Act 521.
Under the Governing Act, (Act 521), the CSIR is required to promote, encourage and regulate research and the application of science and technology for national development. The Act further requires the CSIR to encourage and promote the commercialisation of research results.
From its Head Office in Accra, the CSIR oversees and co-ordinates the activities of thirteen (13) research institutes and over twenty (20) Research Centres spread across the country. The Act is available on the CSIR Website www.csir.org.gh.
The Deputy Director-General will:
• Be responsible to the Director-General of the CSIR for overseeing the development and execution of the Research and Development activities of the thirteen Institutes, as well as the Council’s programmes and projects.
• Assist the Director-General in setting the research priorities of the Council in line with Government policy.
• Ensure quality assurance, and undertake monitoring and evaluation of the research outputs of the Institutes to ensure that research results are reliable, relevant and customer-driven .
• Mobilise Research and Development funds for the execution of the Council’s internal and external projects, and establish/maintain effective linkages with relevant institutions and agencies within and outside the CSIR for the implementation of programmes.
• Oversee the transfer of the results of research in Science and Technology to relevant institutions and user-agencies.
• Act for the Director-General in his/her absence.
• Perform any other duties as the Director-General may prescribe from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a PhD degree in the Agricultural / Biological / Physical/Engineering Sciences.
• Must be a distinguished and outstanding Research Scientist of national and international repute, with substantial research output and experience in R&D which must be adjudged to be at the rank of at least a Principal Research Scientist or an Associate Professor.
• Must have strong leadership and management ability, with at least five (5) years management experience as Head of Division/Department or Deputy Director and be capable of translating the Council’s strategic plan into strategic decisions and action programmes in the area of R&D. Being a Director/Dean will be an added advantage.
• Must have proven ability to organise, direct and co-ordinate activities within a large research system and to motivate project leaders to combine research excellence with cost effectiveness and relevance.
• Must have the ability to interact with top management in otherinstitutions and agencies.
• Must have a good business sense and strong resource mobilisation skills, and be capable of attracting funding from internal and external sources to support R&D activities.
• Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, to inspire research staff to give of their best.
• Must have considerable digital skills and be proficient in the use of Information Technology to enhance work output.
Age Limit: The applicant must be capable of serving a full five-year term before attaining the compulsory retiring age of 60 years.
Salary: The salary is attractive with fringe benefits.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants are to submit a written application letter addressed to:
Search Committee For Deputy Director-General
Council For Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Attention: Director of Administration
with the following attachments:
• Full Curriculum Vitae.
• Names and contact information (including e-mail addresses and telephone numbers) of three (3) confidential referees.
• Brief Vision Statement of not more than 2500 words indicating how the applicant will use the position to advance the strategic objectives of the CSIR.
• All other relevant information including tables and figures should be placed in an Appendix of not more than 6 pages.
Note: Applicants are being informed to request their referees to submit their confidential reports directly to the email addresses below not later than 3rd October 2023.
Soft copies (PDF format) of application documents should be forwarded to any of the following email addresses:
email@example.com copied to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies may also be delivered to the
CSIR Head Office,
off Agostino Neto Road,
Airport Residential Area, Accra
DIGITAL ADDRESS: GA037-6683
Closing Date: 26 September 2023
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who want to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Recruitment 2023
To apply for the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Recruitment Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.