Learn how to apply for the Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant), also known as the r350, by visiting srd.sassa.gov.za, the South African Social Security – SASSA Online Application Portal.
The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) is implemented with the Minister of Finance’s approval and is administered in accordance with section 32 of the Social Assistance Act, 2004 (Act No. 13 of 2004).
About SASSA SRD Grant Online Application
The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) and the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) are administered in accordance with section 32 of the Social Assistance Act, 2004 (Act No. 13 of 2004), and are carried out with the Minister of Finance’s approval.
The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) is intended for South African citizens, refugees, asylum seekers, and special permit holders who are 18 to 60 years old, have insufficient means, do not receive social grants on their own behalf, are not eligible for or do not contribute to the UIF payment, and have no other financial support.
Since there is no longer a National State of Disaster, the Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant is currently administered under the Social Assistance Act rather than the State of Disaster Act. What changes have been made to SRD grant applications?
It is anticipated that the SRD funding would expire in March 2023. Applications for Sassa R350 grants are accepted on a monthly basis.
How to Apply for SASSA SRD R350 Grant Online Application
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to submit an online grant application for the SASSA R350 grant.
- Go to srd.sassa.gov.za
- Go to the “How do I apply for this SRD Grant” section by scrolling down.
- Find and click the “click here to apply online” link.
- Type your mobile number in
- Click “Send SMS.”
- Your phone will send an OTP SMS. For a code, check your inbox.
- Insert the received One Time Pin (OTP).
- Fill out the steps requested by SASSA to continue the application process.
How to apply for the SRD grant on WhatsApp
- Create a contact for 082 046 8553 on your phone
- Send a message saying “hello” to this number using WhatsApp.
- After that, you will get a response, to which you ought to reply, “Help.”
- You will be offered a number of choices; select “4”
- You will then be directed to the Unathi Sassa platform message, to
- which you should respond “SRD.” You must then specify whether you are applying for yourself or for another person.
- Now that the application process has started, you must send the message with your name, last name, and ID number.
- The following actions will then be stated in a message sent to you over Whatsapp.
- SRD Grant Application
- How To Apply To The R350 Grant Under The New Rules
- Where and How to Download R350 Sassa App for SRD Grant
- Here’s When You Can Collect Your SRD Grant Payment
Information Required for the Online SASSA SRD Application
An applicant must authorize SASSA to confirm their identification before they may access or have their SRD grant application assessed.
- Verification of their acceptance of the Declaration and Consent Documents’ provisions after reading them.
- Personal Information
- Mobile Contact (cell phone number)
- Information about employment and sustainable lifestyles
In order to access or have your SRD grant application taken into account, an applicant must permit Sassa to verify their identify, residency, income, or social security benefits. The declaration and consent must also be accepted by applicants.
A new application under the revised Act is encouraged for current beneficiaries. Once you’ve submitted an application, you won’t need to do it again.
Applicants are asked to submit just one application, rather than several applications across many platforms. You will get confirmation as soon as the application has been submitted correctly.
Sassa must then decide whether to accept or reject any SRD grant applications submitted by the 15th of the month. After that, the receivers will receive an SMS informing them of their acceptance or rejection.