Fetola has announced its internship programme for the year 2024. This article has all the information you’ll need.
Do you have a burning passion for making a difference in the world? Are you keen to learn more about the SME landscape, do meaningful work, and have the opportunity to work alongside a group of inspired leaders that contribute to social and economic change in South Africa? If yes, then this is the role for you!
Fetola Programme 2024
Location: Western Cape
Fetola is seeking candidates for a full-time, fixed-term (6 months) position based in Cape Town
What we do: Fetola is passionate about people and making a difference that lasts for generations by growing the economy, creating inclusive wealth, and generating sustainable jobs by building businesses that last. Widely regarded as one of South Africa’s foremost business growth professionals, Fetola has a reputation for innovation, inspiration, and impact. We are driven by the mission to impact a billion lives by 2030 – a goal that will be achieved through collaboration and partnerships
Role overview: Our Enterprise Development Programmes enable us to work with inspiring entrepreneurs nationally! Our Internship Programme provides young professionals with an opportunity to gain invaluable business skills and contribute to our transformative sector and the work we do at Fetola. Our interns will support our team with the planning and implementation of our SME Enterprise Development Programmes, which aim to impact entrepreneurs, nationally! Interns will also be provided with on-the-job training and mentorship.
The ideal candidate: The ideal Intern should have a passion for learning and enjoy collaboration and teamwork, and candidates with an interest and background in data analysis, research, and administration are encouraged to apply. He /she should be organized, self-motivated, confident, and innovative. The role requires excellent communication skills to support efficient project communications and engagements, this means receiving, analyzing, and resolving customer problems, requests, and inquiries and escalating were unsure.
The Internship: Not only will you be exposed to what it is we do on a daily basis that is changing lives for the better, but you will also be hands-on engaging in exciting projects. Duties include but are not limited to assisting and learning more about project planning, support with programme tasks such as SME programme calls, amplification, data collection, research, and sharing. Interns will have the opportunity to job rotate and experience all SME serving portfolios. Many of our interns have made a mark and have grown to be excellent managers within our team.
- Tertiary diploma/degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, or similar
- Passion for the small business sector and Enterprise/ Supplier Development
- At least 3-6 months minimum working experience in an administrative/customer service role
- Data analytical skills and strong MS Excel capabilities
- Multilingual in at least 2 of the official South African languages
- An approach of being relatable, personable and customer first
- Telephone etiquette and excellent spoken, written and interpersonal communication
- Confident, creative, ambitious and forward-thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite and effective project management tools