Have you ever dreamed of being in one of the most reputable universities in the world? If that means so much to you, then you should grab the Yale University scholarship with both hands.
Getting admission to study at Yale is no easy feat, and getting a scholarship is not easier. Fortunately, you have this article to take you through the necessary processes that you should follow to increase your chances. Stick with this post until the end to learn all about the Yale University scholarship for international students.
- 1 About Yale University
- 2 What is the Yale University Scholarship for International Students?
- 3 Scholarship Benefits
- 4 Scholarship Eligibility
- 5 How to Apply For the Undergraduate Yale University Scholarship 2022
- 6 Yale International Scholarship for Graduates
- 7 Yale International Scholarship for Postgraduates
About Yale University
Yale University is among the Ivy League schools, making it one of the most outstanding colleges in the United States. Students aspire to study at an Ivy League university because of the high possibility of professional success that the institutions provide.
In New Haven, Connecticut, Yale University was founded in 1701, making it the third-oldest university in the United States. In its early years, this institution served as a seminary for ministerial training before broadening its scope to cover a diverse range of academic disciplines.
Yale University has produced Nobel Prize winners, Supreme Court justices, presidents, and current members of the United States Congress.
Yale is regarded as one of the best due to its high level of intellectual superiority. As a result of its renown and high academic standards, Top Universities ranks it as the 15th best university globally and the third best university in the United States.
Scholarships for financial assistance are available at Yale University. The institution offers scholarships to 63% of all undergraduate students, including foreigners.
However, funding criteria differ for each department, so applicants seeking scholarships must submit applications to the departments they wish to apply to. Departmental funding for graduate students is also determined independently of university funds.
Ph.D. students are not exempted from these aids. Several packages provide Ph.D. students with fully-funded scholarships which cover tuition, hospital expenses, and an annual stipend during their study course.
What is the Yale University Scholarship for International Students?
Despite being one of the most expensive and competitive institutions, Yale offers several scholarships. These aids are to sponsor qualified individuals while they study at the university.
The Yale University scholarship for international students is open for applicants planning to enroll in their 2022 program. It is a fully-funded scholarship. Students in undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs can apply for this grant.
- Students with a Yale University scholarship, who has demonstrated financial need, have fewer expenses to field.
- Scholarships are awarded based on the financial resources of the student’s parents.
- Yale’s need-based scholarships can range from a few hundred dollars to more than $70,000 per year; the average is more than $50,000.
- There is no additional college fee for pupils whose parents make less than $65,000 a year.
- The Yale University scholarship covers tuition, room, and board for students whose parents earn less than $65,000 a year.
Below are the requirements a prospective undergraduate should meet to qualify for a Yale University Scholarship:
A. Proficiency in English test preferably TOEFL: scores should be at least:
- 600 for the paper-based test
- 250 for the computer-based test
- 100 for the internet-based test
- IELTS tests ith at least 70 percent pass
- Pearson test scores of 70 and above
B. Applicants can also submit the Duolingo English Test. The assessment combines an English proficiency test score and a short video interview. For you to be part of their considerations, Yale recommends that prospects have DET scores of at least 120.
C. Any school authority, college admissions counselor, financial aid officer, or community leader can provide a statement in support of your application.
D. Students from any part of the world can apply for the scholarship.
Other requirements may include:
- Participation in the Federal Free and Reduced Price Lunch Program.
- Qualification, reception, or eligibility for an ACT or SAT exam fee waiver.
- Enrollment in a federal, state, or local program that provides financial assistance to students from low-income households (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- Ward of the state or an orphan
- Family’s yearly earnings fall within the USDA Food and Nutrition Service’s Income Eligibility Guidelines.
- A resident of public housing or a foster family receiving financial assistance from the federal government, or homelessness.
How to Apply For the Undergraduate Yale University Scholarship 2022
Before following any of the stated processes below, ensure that you have the following:
- High school/Undergraduate transcripts
- Letters of recommendation from two trusted and verifiable sources
- An application fee
Eligible students must apply for Yale scholarships using the College Board CSS platform. Students must complete an online CSS profile using Yale’s Code: 3987.
- Prospects can apply for the undergraduate scholarship with the step-by-step process below:
- Log into the college board with your username and password. If you don’t have an active account, click the Sign Up button to help you with the process. Fill in the necessary information, create a strong password, and proceed.
- Answer specific scholarship-related questions, which you will find on the site.
- Submit your application package. Ensure you review your documents to confirm they are complete and related to what the institution demands.
- Submit the application.
- Pay an application fee of $25.
- Students must also provide their parents’ and their signed tax returns with the CSS profile.
Yale International Scholarship for Graduates
Scholarships and financial aid for graduate students at Yale differ from school to school at the Ivy League university. However, a few faculties don’t offer financial aid to their students.
For example, no internal scholarships are available to incoming students at Yale’s Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Still, they can apply for several fellowships, assistantships, and stipends.
Yale International Scholarship for Postgraduates
In contrast to Yale’s undergraduate scholarships, postgraduate students don’t receive a fixed financial aid stipend. Despite this, the application process for graduate Yale scholarships is quite similar to that for undergraduate awards.
Thus, it requires the completion of the CSS profile and the International Certification of Finances.
Additionally, students are encouraged to apply for external scholarships such as:
- JN Tata Endowment for Higher Education
- Nationals Overseas scholarship
Click here to begin your journey!
Also See: TRU Scholarship 2022