The World Bank Recruitment 2021/2022… | World Bank invites interested applicants from suitably qualified candidates for World Bank Recruitment 2021.
Are you a Ghanaian or Based in Ghana and you have been looking for an opportunity to get recruited? World Bank is Recruiting new workers.
World Bank recruitment has begun to recruit new employees, Therefore interested and suitably qualified members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at World Bank.
Available Positions Include:
1 Job Title. ET Consultant, Disruptive Technologies
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC, a member of World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. We finance and provide advice for private sector ventures and projects in developing countries in partnership with other investors and, through advisory work, help governments create conditions that stimulate the flow of both domestic and foreign private savings and investment, with the goals of eliminating extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity. Our focus is to promote economic development by encouraging the growth of productive enterprises and efficient capital markets in our member countries.
This position will be based in Washington, DC, with the IFC’s Gender and Economic Inclusion Group (GEIG).
Gender And Economic Inclusion At IFC
The IFC Gender and Economic Inclusion Group addresses the private sector’s human capital challenges with a dedicated team that provides support across the corporation to increase deal flow and maximize development impact when it comes to gender, base of the pyramid and other underserved groups such as people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTQI. We take an intersectional approach to diversity and inclusion.
This will be achieved by developing research on the business case and by providing tailored operational solutions and building partnerships with the aim of creating economic opportunities and development for all. In order to unlock macro-economic growth and private sector investment opportunities, the group will closely collaborate with the World Bank and IFC’s Upstream efforts.
Focus areas of economic inclusion will include gender, base of the pyramid (through Inclusive Business), LGBTQI, and persons with disabilities. This selection is based on IFC expertise, private sector demand for investments and advice in these areas and market opportunities
The Disruptive Technology team, part of the Gender and Inclusive Economies Group, identifies how new and emerging technologies have the potential to drive development impact and business growth in emerging markets with a focus on women and other underserved populations, including disabled and LGBT communities and base of the pyramid populations. The team conducts research, provides tailored advisory services, and convenes public initiatives on core topic areas, supports knowledge management and capacity building across the WBG.
Duties And Responsibilities
The ET Consultant will
- Contribute to research on disruptive technologies in emerging markets, including but not limited to scoping partners, conducting literature reviews, and composing and editing reports
- Conduct partner and client management, including developing concept notes and implementation plans and donor reporting; maintain updated project management for complex global projects
- Draft client deliverables that include analysis, training materials, best practice guides, standards, and papers or presentations containing recommendations to improve client performance
- Collect and analyze client and market data and contribute to design of solutions that will create markets, reform sectors, and improve firm performance
- Support knowledge management through the development of talking points, case studies, presentations and other materials to capture the connection between inclusive technologies, development impact, and private sector growth
- Lead public events and internal learning sessions focused on inclusive technology, including managing speaker outreach and developing relevant communications materials
The ET Consultant will also undertake other related tasks as requested by the team Lead. S/He will report to the Disruptive Technology Lead, Gender and Economic Inclusion, and will work closely with other members of the team, as well as counterparts in and outside the WBG.
- Master’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including demonstrated experience working with the private sector in emerging markets
- Technical knowledge of disruptive technologies in emerging markets
- Experience collaborating with high-level public or private sector stakeholders on sensitive or confidential topics
- Ability to manage fast-moving projects while maintaining strong attention to do detail with knowledge of the IFC project management systems
- Superlative writing and editing skills, ability to adopt to a wide variety of styles
- Data analysis skills
- English language fluency and proficiency in another widely spoken language
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 12th Jan. 2022
- The World Bank DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We hereby Advice that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more Questions and further Information pertaining to this recruitment get in touch with us on the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for World Bank Recruitment 2021
To apply for the World Bank Recruitment Recruitment 2021. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum World Bank Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.