About 270,000 Jobs Available Now for teacher assistants – you could work at a school near where you live – and be paid more than R4000 per month as a salary! Read our article to see how to apply for the teacher’s Assistant vacancies.
This Assistant Teacher offer is for South Africans ready to take on the responsibilities that will be conferred on them as the Assistant Teacher Primary School Natural and Social Scienc – SPARK Kempton Park.
If you want to be part of this enabling experience, you can read on to learn the requirements for this program.
Assistant Teacher Primary School Natural and Social Scienc – SPARK Kempton Park
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven entrepreneurial organisation, operating 21 primary schools, and 5 high schools and serving over 15,500 families in 2024. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Purpose of Role:
The Grade 4-6 Natural Sciences and Technology (NST) and Social Sciences (SS) Teachers will be responsible for delivering comprehensive and engaging educational instruction to scholars in primary schools. The NST & SS Teachers will play a pivotal role in promoting the learning culture of schools by fostering curiosity, exploration, and an appreciation for the world around us by aligning with 21st-century skills of critical thinking/reasoning, creativity/creative thinking, problem solving, metacognition, collaboration, communication and global citizenship.
Reports To: Assistant Principal
- Develop and deliver dynamic lesson plans that align with the curriculum standards for Natural Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Utilise various instructional strategies and resources to engage scholars in active learning experiences, fostering their understanding and application of scientific concepts.
- Identify and incorporate hands-on experiments, multimedia resources, and interactive technologies to enhance the learning process.
- Encourage and support scholars in their scientific inquiries, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through project-based learning opportunities.
- Evaluate scholars’ progress and provide constructive feedback through regular assessments, quizzes, projects, and examinations.
- Foster a positive classroom environment that promotes open-mindedness, respect, collaboration, and a love for scientific exploration.
- Address individual learning needs and differentiate instruction to accommodate diverse scholars’ abilities, interests, and learning styles.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of scholars’ academic performance, attendance, and behaviour.
- Collaborate with other teachers, school staff, and parents/guardians to enhance student achievement and promote effective communication.
Qualification/Criteria and Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and criteria:
- B.Ed. degree or PGCE – Intermediate Phase (Sciences major).
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE).
- English language fluency.
- A clear criminal record
- Proven experience or specialisation in teaching Natural Sciences or Natural Sciences & Technology, Social Sciences to elementary-grade scholars.
- Solid knowledge of the national curriculum standards for Sciences in the respective grade levels.
- Strong passion for the subject matter and the ability to instill enthusiasm for scientific and worldly exploration in scholars.
- Proficiency in integrating technology and innovative teaching strategies into the classroom.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex scientific concepts to young learners in an accessible manner.
- Ability to adapt and differentiate instruction to cater to scholars’ diverse learning needs and abilities.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to effectively manage time and resources.
- Collaborative mindset and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Flexibility to adjust teaching methodologies based on student feedback and evolving educational practices.
Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
- fair market-linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualized professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
Position Type: Full Time
Compensation: R20,400.00 per month cost to company.
Locations: SPARK Kempton Park
SPARK Schools is an equal opportunities employer and preference will be given to candidates from designated groups with due consideration of the company’s Employment Equity goals and targets.
SPARK schools encourage persons with disabilities to apply.
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
However, if you have queries regarding the Assistant Teacher Primary School Natural and Social Scienc – SPARK Kempton Park, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.