About 270,000 Jobs Available Now for teacher assistants – you could work at a school near where you live – and be paid more than R4000 per month as a salary! Read our article to see how to apply for the teacher’s Assistant vacancies.
This Assistant Teacher offer is for South Africans ready to take on the responsibilities that will be conferred on them as the Assistant Teacher Instill Education Assistant Dean Foundation Phase Johannesburg.
If you want to be part of this enabling experience, you can read on to learn the requirements for this program.
Assistant Teacher Instill Education Assistant Dean Foundation Phase Johannesburg
Instill Education is on a mission to transform teaching, learning, and leadership in every classroom on the African continent. We believe that our teachers and school leaders are the greatest levers for change in the education system. We recently became an accredited higher education institution in South Africa and launched a game-changing mobile app that offers self-paced, bite-sized modules to help teachers in their professional development journey.
More than 50,000 teachers in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria have already enrolled in our professional development modules and joined a pan-African community of peers and experts who provide support and feedback along the way.
We are looking to hire an Assistant Dean: Foundation Phase to support lecturers with teaching & learning activities and to oversee, plan, and implement Foundation Phase objectives.
What makes you a great candidate?
You are ambitious, hungry to learn, and have a deep passion for education. You want to work in a fast-paced business environment and grow with a young organisation that seeks to change the face of education across the African continent. You want to learn how a start-up works by getting your hands dirty and getting involved in every aspect of the business.
You are excited by the challenge of immersing yourself in new contexts and tackling complex problems. You are not afraid of failure and are driven to improve through robust, data-driven decision-making and feedback. When evaluating your candidacy, we will look for the following:
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism, equity, and inclusion
- Ambition to take ownership of challenges and grow with the business
- Exceptional critical thinker with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for educational development, and closing educational equity gaps, and are strongly aligned with our vision, mission, and values
What does the role entail?
As the Assistant Dean: Foundation Phase, you will be responsible for Programme oversight on Instill Education’s Foundation Phase programme offerings. Responsibilities include the development, design, and delivery of all Foundation Phase programme offerings at Instill Education.
More specifically you will;
- Develop, review, and deliver the programme design
- Recruit, onboard, and mentor lecturers and design consultants
- Review and provide feedback on module designs
- Monitor and report on student success metrics
- Design and revise contextually relevant and engaging teaching and learning materials based on research-based best practices to improve student outcomes
- Facilitate, orchestrate, and supervise classes, student practice, and small-group work
- Grade assessments, synthesize performance data, track cohort progress, and identify gaps in student understanding
- Observe and coach teacher trainees during their practical experience and provide them with specific, actionable feedback around best teaching practice
- Provide teacher trainees with additional classroom support and observations as needed
- Serve as an advisor to and advocate for teacher trainees
- Create and maintain a positive work environment and sense of community for all teacher trainees
- Support in the development and maintenance of a strong, inviting, and engaging working culture at Instill Education
- Master’s degree in Education (PhD advantageous)
- Experience in Foundation Phase lecturing
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for Foundation Phase teaching
- You have the ability to co-facilitate teacher-trainee sessions and coach teacher-trainees
- You are highly adaptable, with strong critical thinking, planning, and execution skills
- You have exceptional project management skills
- You demonstrate exceptional ownership of student experiences
- You can work independently and as a part of a team
Anticipated start date: January 1st, 2024
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Do our values resonate with yours?
We believe in owning our mission to transform education across Africa. We aim to dream big, work collaboratively, have the courage to learn from failure and embrace ingenuity—practical, inclusive solutions for the communities we serve. If you share our commitment to this challenge, join us in making a profound impact on our education systems.
However, if you have queries regarding the Assistant Teacher Instill Education Assistant Dean Foundation Phase Johannesburg, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.