Uyinene Mrwetyana Scholarship 2023
Uyinene Mrwetyana Scholarship 2023 is open in various categories therefore qualify applicants can apply now before the closing date.
Founded in memory of the late Uyinene Mrwetyana, the Uyinene Mrwetyana Scholarship for Women is open for applications.
The scholarship will be awarded to women students who are pursuing a degree in the Faculty of Humanities at UCT. Applicants will need to demonstrate evidence of leadership in social justice and social activism.
Closing date: 16 April 2023.
- Be a woman (includes gender non-conforming women)
- Be registered for an undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Cape Town
- Be a first-year student.
- Demonstrate evidence of leadership in social justice and activism (this can be at school or in your community).
Conditions of Bursary:
- Successful recipients must maintain a an annual grade average of 65% in order to be funded for the duration of their undergraduate degree programmes – 3 to 4 years.
- Applicants must take part in volunteering in an organisation that addresses gender based violence
- A letter confirming the completion of volunteer work must be submitted to the Uyinene Mrwetyana Foundation.
The full cost scholarship is calculated at an average of R150 000 per year per student and will cover:
- Residence fees
- Learning materials.
How to Apply
- Write a letter of motivation showing evidence of leadership, social justice and activist work in your school, your community, or elsewhere
- A reference letter from someone who can speak to your leadership, social justice and activist work
- Submit a copy of your CV
- Your matric results (or equivalent)
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org