Are you a student looking for Scholarships or funds to carry on your educational needs? If yes, the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Awards, Japan is available for various course levels and the scholarship is offered by different universities and colleges.
The Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Awards, Japan and grants are for both local and international students. So interested students should start now and search for the courses that suit them.
Applications for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Awards, Japan are now open. Just take your time and go through this post, as this article has arranged every detail you need and listed the top Nursing scholarships for national and international students.
- Standford University Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
- $4000 Union Plus Scholarship Program 2022
- 15 Undergraduate Scholarships
- List of Cyprus Scholarships for International Students in 2021
How to Apply for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Awards, Japan
Here are some brief descriptions of the top Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Awards, Japan.
Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Awards, Japan 2021-23 is open for International Students Nationalities specified by MEXT.. The scholarship allows PhD, Masters level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at The University of Tokyo . The deadline of the scholarship is Open.
Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Awards, Japan 2021-23 is available to undertake PhD, Masters level programs at The University of Tokyo.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Selected students will be awarded 144,000 yen/month (for a student of a Master’s Program), or 145,000 yen/month (for a student of a Doctoral Program) along with transportation cost and tuition fees.
International students with outstanding academic records (*1) who wish to enter Japan in October, 2021 as a new student (*2) to study in the Master’s or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science.
Applicants who have already graduated from their latest degree program should have a final grade point of 2.30 or higher, while current students should have a grade point of 2.30 or higher for their current courses, and both should be expected to maintain the same academic standards during the course of the scholarship program.
* Grade points shall be calculated according to a formula specified by MEXT.
- Language ProficiencyApplicants must meet one of the language requirements in either English or in Japanese as described below:
Holds an English proficiency test score equivalent to B2 or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale (e.g. TOEFL iBT 72 or above, IELTS 5.5 or above).
* To see what counts as “B2 or above on the CEFR scale”, please refer to the CEFR Equivalency Chart.:
To see the CEFR Equivalency Chart, please click here.
Has completed an educational program whose primary language of instruction is English that satisfies the entrance requirements to the Master’s Program or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo.
Has passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) with a score of N2 or higher.
Has completed an educational program whose primary language of instruction is Japanese that satisfies the entrance requirements to the Master’s Program or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo.
- In principle, applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1987.
- Academic background
Applicants must have the necessary qualifications to be admitted to the Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo as a Master’s or a Doctoral Program student.
- Field of Study
Applicants should apply for the field of study that they studied at their previous university or a related field. Applicants should select a field that they are able to research at their chosen host university in Japan.
- Application form (must be in double-sided print)Please click here to download* Note that applicants may be required to resubmit the application form in January 2021.
- Field of Study and Research PlanPlease click here to download
- Letter of recommendation from “dean or above”
* This letter must fulfill all of the following conditions:
- The name of the addressee stated in the letter must be “the President of the University of Tokyo”
- The letter must be printed on your university’s letterhead.
- The letter must be written by and signed by a dean or above. Digital signature is not acceptable.
- Passport-type photo taken within the last 6 months (4.5 x 3.5 cm, upper-body, full-faced, without a cap)
- Write name and nationality on the back and glue it to the application form. A photo in electronic data format is acceptable.