Are you a student looking for Scholarships or funds to carry on your educational needs? If yes, NYS STEM Scholarship Program is available for various course levels and the scholarship is offered by different universities and colleges.
The NYS STEM Scholarship Program and grants are for both local and international students. So interested students should start now and search for the courses that suit them.
Applications for NYS STEM Scholarship Program are now open. Just take your time and go through this post, as this article has arranged every detail you need and listed the top Nursing scholarships for national and international students.
How to Apply for NYS STEM Scholarship Program
Here are some brief descriptions of the top NYS STEM Scholarship Program.
Level/Field of Study
STEM Scholarship NYS is available to high school graduating students in the field of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
The NYS STEM Scholarship is hosted and taken in the United States. There are other US Scholarships available for International students in 2023. You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2023 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
A winner receives an annual full-time study scholarship up to the annual fees charged to NYS resident students who attend an undergraduate program at the State University of New York (SUNY), or a fee the school fees actually charged, whichever is less. For the 2023/2024 academic year, SUNY’s standard tuition rate is $6,870 per year maximum.
The price of the STEM Incentive Program will be reduced by the amount of any other enrollment-only financial assistance, such as the NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).
The number of scholarships that can be awarded in this program to students who attend private institutions that award academic degrees depends on the funds available.
Note: Any premium payment received may have tax consequences. Any questions should be directed to a tax professional, the Internal Revenue Service or the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.
A winner is entitled to receive a full-time undergraduate scholarship for up to four academic years each year, while enrolling in an approved program leading to a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics. Or five years if the study program requires five years.
Eligibility for NYS STEM Incentive Program
A candidate must:
- be a resident of New York State and have resided in that state for 12 consecutive months before the beginning of the fall college semester;
- be a citizen or eligible non-citizen of the United States;
- be a graduate / recent high school graduate and be enrolled full-time in a public or private high school in the state of New York, beginning with the fall semester of high school graduation;
- be ranked in the top 10% of your high school graduating class at a high school in the state of New York;
- be enrolled in an approved degree program in science, technology, engineering or mathematics at a public or private university located in the state of New York;
- maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher;
- enter into a service agreement to reside and work in science, technology, engineering or mathematics at NYS for five years. See the terms and conditions of the service contract.
- Students enrolled in these programs may be eligible for a STEM incentive program. The study program must result in approved work.
Aside from the STEM Incentive Scholarship Program, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
How to Apply for NYS STEM Incentive Program
Complete and submit the application for the NYS STEM Incentive Program Application. Be sure to print the confirmation of the application, sign it and send it, along with the required documentation, according to the instructions. You must also submit the FAFSA and NYS Student Aid claims.
For students who attend a private university or university certified by the state of New York, recipients will be selected using a lottery method.
Once this NYS STEM scholarship has been granted, the beneficiary is not required to submit another incentive application on the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics website of the State of New York, but must complete each year the free application for Federal Student Aid. (FAFSA) and the New York State Student Aid Payment Request.
The scholarships will be paid directly to the universities on behalf of the students at the end of each period. The successful completion of a term means that the applicant meets all eligibility requirements for the award.