If you are a student and you want to apply for NSFAS Application 2023, just go to the NSFAS application portal – www.nsfas.org.za and start your application.
NSFAS Open 2023 Application
Student can apply NSFAS by logging into the NSFAS portal through www.nsfas.org.za and start your application.
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) known an organization that gives students with funds, bursaries, also pay registration, accommodation, transport, and books for students through the NSFAS allowances scheme.
NSFAS is the National Student Financial Aid Scheme which is a government loan and bursary fund for students through the NSFAS funding. NSFAS application and registration open in the latter part of the year for students with the NSFAS closing date usually being in the next calendar year.
How to apply NSFAS Application 2023
This step will guide you on how to apply the NSFAS application
▸Visit the NSFAS portal – https://www.nsfas.org.za/content/how-to-apply.html
▸Navigate and click on the login
▸Login with your username and password
▸Thereafter, click on the Sign in icon.
When applying, students will be split into 5 seperate cohorts, namely:
Cohort 1: First-Time Entering Student (FTEN) who is a SASSA beneficiary
Cohort 2: Returning Student, who is SASSA beneficiary
Cohort 3: First-Time Entering Student who is NOT a SASSA beneficiary
Cohort 4: Returning Student, who is NOT a SASSA beneficiary
Cohort 5: Student living with disability
NSFAS requirements 2023
The most important requirement is that your household income should come to R350 000 or less per year. This means that if you add up everyone’s salaries in your house for the year and it comes to over R350 000, you won’t qualify.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification in 2023
- You must be studying or intend on studying a public tertiary institution within South Africa (University or TVET College)
- You must NOT have completed any previous qualifications
- You must fall into at least 1 of these categories:
- 1) you are a SASSA grant recipient
- 2) you have a total combined household income of NOT more than R350 000 per annum
- 3) you are living with a disability AND have a total combined household income NOT more than R600 000 per annum
- 4) you started studying before 2018 and have total combined household income of NOT more than R122 000 per annum
NSFAS Application Closing date 2023
31 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)