This is to inform the prospective candidate that the Management of the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) has released the Undergraduate and postgraduate Application forms for the 2023/2024 academic session. Read through to get comprehensive information on UKZN online application.
Important Documents You’ll Need to Register for UKZN
Before applying for UKZN, you must know that there are important documents that will make your application process possible, some of these documents is what we’ve listed below:
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A level or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Evidence from Universities South Africa (formerly known as HESA), that you be suitable for admission to degree studies at South African universities if you are an international candidate. For more information, read through the undergraduate student prospectus.
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- You’ll need evidence of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English-speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters’s Degree or Ph.D.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the USAF/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Use the reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making the application fee payments.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs. to clear your payment.
- South African first-time undergraduate applicants applying to UKZN must apply via CAO at www.cao.ac.za
UKZN Application Process
To successfully register for UKZN, you need to follow through the school’s official page and fill in all the required information. Follow this link to register https://applications.ukzn.ac.za/ApplicationProcedures/Postgraduate-Applicants/Online-Application.aspx
If for any reason you cannot apply online, you can submit a paper application by printing the forms from the links below and sending them to the Admissions Office at the address shown on the right.
- Naspers Bursary 2022-2023 | How To Apply
- SAPREF Learnerships 2022/2023 | How to Apply
- University of Limpopo Applications for 2023 are Open
- RU Online Application Form 2023 | Rhodes University
UKZN Application Fee
- R200 for South African applicants who apply on time.
- R400 for South African applicants who make late applications.
- R470 for SADC and Africa
If you are from a foreign country, you’ll be paying about $146 (international applicants cannot make late applications).
Applicants should note that the university’s terms and conditions do not offer free repayment once they make payments. Also, the application fee is separate and should not be confused to be part of the university’s tuition fee.