Are you interested in attending the University of Johannesburg (UJ)? Have you submitted an application to study at UJ for the upcoming term? If so, see below for an update on your UJ application.
Students can follow their UJ application status and apply for admission to UJ for the upcoming academic year through the University of Johannesburg (UJ) website.
UJ Application (2024 Registration)
- Registrations are closed for new undergraduate students. The few outstanding registrations for international students are being dealt with in a case-by-case manner and need to be concluded by Friday morning, 18 February 2024.
- Continuing students (undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students) have until Sunday 20 February 2024 to register, subject to the availability of spaces.
- Coursework master’s students who only need to register for a minor dissertation to complete their studies, have until 25 February 2024 to register.
- Full research master’s and doctoral students have until 31 March 2024 to register, subject to the availability of spaces
Vaccination Information for Students
- All Employees are to be at least partially vaccinated by 01 February 2024 and be fully vaccinated by 15 March 2024.
- All Students are to be at least partially vaccinated by 14 February 2024 and to be fully vaccinated by 31 March 2024.
Staff and students can upload their proof of vaccination on https://ulink.uj.ac.za/ujvac Under “COVID-19 Services”, select “UJ Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccine Disclosure Facility”. Follow this link for more information https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/
- UJ Application Status
- Netcare Online Pre-Admission
- Admission Without Status
- How To Check UNIVEN Application Status 2024 Online
Important Information Before You Apply
How to Check UJ Application Status 2024
You applied for admission to the University of Johannesburg, UJ, but you never heard back. You can check the status of your admission application online.
- To check Rhodes University application status go to https://www.uj.ac.za/studyatUJ/sec/Pages/Check-Application-Status.aspx
- Enter Student Number / ID Number and then click the “Search” button
Once you have applied and have received the acknowledgment letter, you may use the login details on such a letter to track the process of your application. To do that navigate to the login screen and log in using the details given on the acknowledgment letter.
- To track your application go to: https://student.uj.ac.za/status.aspx
For more information you can contact the university on the below contact details:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions on our website.
1. When do I apply?
UJ’s 2024 application cycle opens on 1 April 2024.
2. How many choices of study may I apply for?
Undergraduate – Two
Postgraduate – Two
3. When and how will I receive the outcome of my application?
Online applicants will receive either a final or deferred status within 48 hours. Hardcopy applicants will receive either a final or deferred status within 5 working days.
4. Can I apply without a copy of my ID/Passport document?
Yes, you can apply without submitting a copy of your ID/Passport document.
5. Can I use the downloaded application form or do I request an original form?
Yes, you may submit a completed application form that you have downloaded. Hard copy applications are R200. Online applications are free.
6. Can I apply via email?
No, you may not apply via email. They encourage applicants to apply online. Applicants wanting to submit a hard copy application form can submit their application form at any of the four UJ campuses or the application can be sent via post to the University.
7. Can I fax my application form?
No, you may not fax your application form. Applicants are encouraged to apply online. Applicants wanting to submit a hardcopy application form can submit their application form at any of the four UJ campuses or the application can be sent via post to the University.
8. Can I apply with my mid-year grade 12 results for undergraduate programs?
No, you may not. Applicants currently in grade 12 must either enter their final grade 11 results online or fill it in on the Hardcopy application form. It will do the selection for applicants who completed grade 12 based on their final grade 12 results.
9. Do I get credits for courses offered at colleges?
Universities and colleges are not all on the same NQF level of study. However, you may enquire at the relevant faculty to verify credit applications.
10. Do you have financial assistance at UJ?
Yes, we have NSFAS, Eduloan, and bursaries, which you may enquire about at our Finance Department on each of our four campuses.
Do you want to study at the University of Johannesburg (UJ)? Did you apply to study at UJ in the next academic year? If Yes, check your UJ application status above.