We are pleased to welcome you to the Walter Sisulu University, WSU student portal login at ieweb.wsu.ac.za. It also includes the official website, the benefits of using the student portal, how to log in, and how to reset/recover your forgotten student portal password.
Walter Sisulu University (WSU) was founded on July 1, 2005, in accordance with the Higher Education Act No. 101 of 1997, as amended. The new university was named after the late Walter Max Ulyate Sisulu, a close comrade of Nelson Mandela and an icon of the South African liberation struggle.
The Walter Sisulu University, WSU Student portal is critical because the school supports students all year long, not just at the start of the school year.
As a WSU student, you must have access to financial services as well as learning management systems in order to submit assignments and view your grade. You must also collaborate with other students on projects and update their student profile.
WSU Student Portal 2024 Registration Guidelines
To register online, students must first complete the following steps:
1. Academic Admission
- You must first be admitted to a qualification
- Confirm your admission status on the website using this link, http://status.wsu.ac.za/status/statuscheck.php
2. Student Number and PIN
- You must have a valid student number and an activated PIN to be able to login on the online system.
- Forgot your pin or requesting a new pin? Click on link and pin shall be sent to your email address: https://ieweb.wsu.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login
3. Registration 2024
4. Residence Registration
- Students can access the residence application through i-Enabler (LINK: https://ie.wsu.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login).
- Step By Step By Step Guide: Students Residence Application And Registration Online
Important Information Before You Apply
Welcome to the online application platform for WSU. WSU only accepts online applications. It is a free service that does not require payment. To save money and time, make sure you have the following information on hand:
- Personal details
- Address of next of kin
- Address of the person responsible for the account
- Email addresses are compulsory
- All documents must be saved as soft copies for uploading.
Before beginning the online application process, you must first decide what you want to study. The other most important thing to know is whether you meet the minimum admission requirements for the options you are considering.
The certificate must be endorsed, and they must meet the achievement levels for the specific subject stated as a requirement. For 2024 admission requirements, you must read the Prospectus. If you have never registered at WSU before, you can apply online by clicking here.
2024 Admission Requirements Brochures for all Campuses and Faculties
- UNISA Exam Results 2024
- Nelson Mandela University Exam Results 2024
- University of Limpopo (UL) Exam Results 2024
- MANCOSA Exam Results 2024
Documents Required for Application
For admission purposes, the University takes into account a variety of post-matriculation certificates.
1. The following certificates are accepted:
- The “Old Senior” certificate
- The National Senior Certificate “NSC”
- National Certificate Vocational “NCV”
- N6 certificate
- Current grade 12 learners must upload Grade 11 final results and first quarter or mid-year results if available.
- Post-matric candidates must upload a matric or equivalent certificate, academic record, copy of ID or passport.
2. Some departments may consider mature age exemption for admission for some programmes. For more information, you may enquire from the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students from other tertiary institutions are welcome to apply and submit the following documents:
- Matric Certificate
- Post-Matric Certificate
- Identity Document
- Official Academic Report
- Conduct Certificate.
You must first apply to Universities South Africa (Usaf) to have your school results or other degree/diploma certificates evaluated.
When you receive the results from Usaf, you can begin the application process by uploading the results as well as a copy of your passport.
WSU Student Portal (How to Apply?)
If you have never registered at WSU before, you can apply online by clicking on the following link:
- Fill out all the required information. All fields marked with a red asterisk are required. This means you will be unable to proceed if any fields are left blank or incorrect information is provided.
- It is required to have an email address. You can make one using Gmail or Yahoo.
- All correspondence will be sent to the email address you provided after you have successfully completed your application.
- If a problem arises during the application process, you will be notified if additional information is required to aid in the assessment process.
- You will also be required to apply for residency and financial aid. Email addresses will be sent to you with instructions on how to apply.