Are you a student looking for Scholarships or funds to carry on your educational needs? If yes, The OFID Scholarship for Egyptian Students is available for various course levels and the scholarship is offered by different universities and colleges.
The OFID Scholarship for Egyptian Students and grants are for both local and international students. So interested students should start now and search for the courses that suit them.
Applications for OFID Scholarship for Egyptian Students are now open. Just take your time and go through this post, as this article has arranged every detail you need and listed the top Nursing scholarships for national and international students.
How to Apply for OFID Scholarship for Egyptian Students
Here are some brief descriptions of the top OFID Scholarship for Egyptian Students.
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the intergovernmental development finance institution established in 1976 by the Member States of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). OFID was conceived at the Conference of the Sovereigns and Heads of State of OPEC Member Countries, which was held in Algiers, Algeria, in March 1975.
A Solemn Declaration of the Conference “reaffirmed the natural solidarity which unites OPEC countries with other developing countries in their struggle to overcome underdevelopment”, and called for measures to strengthen cooperation between these countries.
OFID’s objective is to reinforce financial cooperation between OPEC Member Countries and other developing countries, by providing financial support to the latter for their socio-economic development.
The institution’s central mission is to foster South-South Partnership with fellow developing countries worldwide with the aim of eradicating poverty.OFID’s headquarters are located in Vienna, Austria.
The current Director-General is Suleiman Jasir Al-Herbish of Saudi Arabia. He is currently in his third term of office at OFID, having been re-elected unanimously by the institution’s highest authority, the Ministerial Council, in June 2013.
OFID’s financing has helped construct and rehabilitate schools, purchase equipment, and teaching materials, as well as provide teacher training. OFID has also sponsored the attendance of participants from developing countries to various conferences and workshops.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OFID SCHOLARSHIP FOR EGYPTIAN STUDENTS 2022
The OFID scholarship is open for students who are about to complete their undergraduate degree and wish to pursue their Master’s degree. Through the OFID scholarships, numerous students have been able to acquire education in various development-related fields.
OFID has mapped out strategies in how to help outstanding students financially to achieve their graduate studies, This OFID scholarship will last throughout the students Masters degree program
Level of Study
OFID scholarship is for highly motivated individuals in pursuit of their master’s program.
If you are an Undergraduate searching for undergraduate scholarships, you can click on the link for available undergraduate scholarships.
Field of Study
The OFID scholarship is for development-related fields or Energy Studies such as the economics of development.
International Scholarships are available for International students wishing to study abroad in any country. You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates.
This scholarship is an International scholarship and can be taken in any part of the world. I will recommend you check 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship
OFID Scholarship is only available to Egyptians Students can study for this scholarship program.
the winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a full-tuition scholarship of up to US$50,000. The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution.
Eligibility for OFID Masters Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the OFID Masters Scholarship, applicants:
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2024, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
How to Apply for OFID Scholarship 2022
Applicants must complete the online application.
Within the online application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below in Section III. All materials including the online application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than the deadline date.
- A completed online application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the last university degree or certificate.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from a chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program (must not exceed one year).
- Proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at the applicant’s present university.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Only the winner will be notified via the OFID website at www.ofid.org.
OFID Scholarship Application Deadline
Updates on the application deadline will be communicated as soon as possible, please stay tuned.
For more on application see this LINK
Eligibility for winning our scholarship ebook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.