The MMEG Scholarship 2024 is currently accepting applications. Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) 2024 Scholarship for African Women (South Africa)
The MMEG’s mission is to assist women from developing countries in pursuing their education to improve the lives of women and children in their countries. We are one of the few organizations that provide financial assistance to such women. In past years, grants of up to US$15,000 have been awarded in the US/Canada program and US$7,000 in the Africa, Latin America and Trinity programs.
Benefits of MMEG Scholarship
Requirements for MMEG Scholarship 2024 Qualification
General: Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 25 years old at the time of the application deadline (see specific regional program application below);
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List;
- Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution when submitting the application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after the award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
Africa: In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
already be enrolled part-time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full-time at one of the universities listed below, AND be enrolled for the following academic year (January-December or September to May) at one of the following universities:
- University of the Witwatersrand,
- University of Cape Town
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Free State
Applicants applying from eligible countries other than South Africa must already hold a study permit for South Africa.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: FRAME Scholarships 2024
SOUTH AFRICA PROGRAM
This program accepts applications between May 15 and September 14 each year. Queries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The results will be announced on our web page in mid-December.
In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
- already be enrolled part-time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full-time at one of the universities you find on the list here.
- be enrolled for at least one more academic term (the term between January and July 2024);
- hold a study permit for South Africa if applying from an eligible country other than South Africa.
Estimated expenses should be calculated and expressed in Rand.
September 14, 2024
How to Apply
Remember to read the Application Checklist & FAQs before applying, and select the “Africa program” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications.
For more details, visit the MMEG website.