The Industrial and Organisational Psychology Internship 2023 has been announced. See more information about this internship in this article post.
Industrial & Organisational Psychology Internship 2023
The Industrial and Organisational Psychology internship is a one-year programme accredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). The aim of the programme is to upskill M. Com. Industrial Psychology students towards registering as an Industrial Psychologist (Independent Practice).
The programme includes six domains, which consist of:
- Organisational psychology;
- Human resource (personnel) psychology;
- Career psychology and employee wellness/wellbeing;
- Testing and assessment;
- Elective (project) and;
- Professional ethics.
Interns are required to complete 260 days of the programme, completing all the domains, within the 12 months (1 year) period. Interns will be assigned to two supervisors, an internal senior Industrial Psychologist within the organisation and an external Industrial Psychologist from a recognized academic institution.
During the internship, interns will be evaluated on a logbook and quarterly reports; adding value to the organisation as well as the industry of Industrial Psychology.
Who We Look For:
- You want to work in a dynamic environment that will expose you to a network of professionals who will help guide and enable your career progression.
- You want to be part of a structured development programme that will connect you to Absa colleagues from across the continent giving you the skills to be self-empowered and cross-culturally competent.
- You will master the art of a design mindset whilst applying novel and adaptive thinking that will prepare you for the future world of work.
Industrial & Organisational Psychology Internship 2023 Requirements
- South African citizen
- 70% average for Honours
- M1 (Course work) Completed by January 2024
- Registered as a Student Psychologist with the HPCSA
- Behavioural Competencies
- Client Focus
- Communication (oral)
- Communication (written)
- Continuous Learning
- Motivating Others
- Proactivity & Self-Motivation
- Time Management/Priority Setting
- Valuing Cultural Diversity
- Work ethic
- Technical Competencies
- Cognitive flexibility
- Client and customer service obsessed
- Strong communication skills
- Market research and analysis
- Commercially savvy
- Interviewing Skills
- Academic writing
- Career development and coaching
- Results driven
- Interpersonal intelligence
How To Apply
Click on the link below for more info and apply for the Industrial and Organisational Psychology Internship 2023.