The Hilton Teacher Internship 2023 has been announced. The internship programme is done in conjunction with the VULA programme.
Hilton College is currently looking for suitable candidates for the Internship Programme for 2024.
Sponsors: The Hilton College and VULA Programme
To produce excellent teachers with honed leadership skills who are committed to helping overcome the challenges facing education in South Africa. We aim to become tomorrow’s graduates from our Teacher Internship Project.
Hilton Teacher Internship 2023
At the entrance gates to the Hilton College estate, the following words are inscribed:
“Enter these gates with humility, determined to contribute to, and to take advantage of, all that this institution offers, and depart knowing that you are well equipped to forge your future in the world.”
This phrase is particularly apt for the young men who attend the College and provides a foundation for the intentions of the yearlong internship programme that we offer. The primary aim of the internship programme at Hilton College is to develop and equip young teachers who will serve as ‘the future of education’ in South Africa and beyond.
The programme is designed to furnish each intern with a range of opportunities for involvement in several facets of school life, resulting in valuable experience.
The ideal candidate for this programme must:
- Be registering or be eligible to register for a PGCE through correspondence in 2024 and be interested in gaining professional experience in the workplace;
- Show serious commitment to contributing to a better world by spending time at schools affiliated to the VULA Programme;
- Be motivated to assist in a boarding house as we are a full boarding school;
- Be able and willing to offer at least two co-curricular skills, e.g. sports coaching and or cultural input such as theatre and performance, debating, music, etc.
- Be willing to be involved in specific school programmes and projects such as theatrical plays, field trips, hikes, sports tours, and other outreach activities;
- Demonstrate a passion for continued self-learning and see themselves working towards a permanent career in teaching.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a full CV;
a motivation letter (including which two subjects you are able to or would like to teach, sports you have experience coaching/playing and to what levels, as well as any other information about activities you may have or want to be involved in) together with certified copies of your qualification certificates including matric NSC results and tertiary results, to firstname.lastname@example.org
View email address on isasa.org by Monday 22nd August 2024.
Click HERE for more info.