Discover the top-notch academic programs and diverse opportunities available at the University of Education, Winneba. Get a comprehensive overview of the university’s facilities, faculty, and student life, and learn why it’s a great choice for your academic pursuits.
The University of Education, Winneba (UEW) is a renowned institution of higher learning located in the bustling city of Winneba in the Central Region of Ghana.
Since its inception in 1992, UEW has been committed to offering pupils from various socioeconomic backgrounds high-quality education and professional training.
With its strong emphasis on teacher education, the University of Education, Winneba has produced many highly skilled educators who are making a significant impact in Ghana and beyond.
One of the various fields in which UEW offers undergraduate and graduate programs is education. Other areas include science, technology, business, humanities, and social sciences.
The university’s core program, the Bachelor of Education, offers a number of specializations, including Early Childhood Education, Primary Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, and Technical Education.
The postgraduate choices offered by the University of Education, Winneba are as varied, including master’s programs in education, business administration, and information technology.
University of Education, Winneba Admission Process
The admission process at the University of Education, Winneba is straightforward and transparent. Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to apply to the University of Education, Winneba:
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
1. Prospective students must have at least a C6 in six WASSCE subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
2. Candidates must pass an admission exam that comprises an aptitude test and a subject-specific test, depending on the degree they wish to pursue.
3. Additionally, candidates must satisfy the particular specifications of the program they have chosen, such as a minimum grade in a particular subject.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or its equivalent
2. Candidates must have a minimum of a second-class lower division or a GPA of 2.50.
3. Some programs may require candidates to have relevant work experience or a professional qualification.
1. Prospective students can obtain application forms online or from any of UEW’s campuses.
2. The application form must be fully completed by applicants, who must also affix any necessary paperwork, including birth certificates, academic transcripts, and passport-size photos.
3. Candidates must pay the application fee, which varies depending on the chosen program.
4. The Admissions Office must receive the completed application form and any required supporting documentation.
University of Education, Winneba Tuition Fees
UEW’s tuition fees are affordable, and the university provides flexible payment options for students. The following table shows the tuition fees:
|Local Students (GHS)
|International Students (USD)
|Bachelor of Education
|2,577 – 3,444
|1,760 – 2,353
|Master of Education
|5,486 – 6,540
|3,760 – 4,472
|Master of Business Admin.
|9,518 – 10,642
|6,510 – 7,285
|Master of Science
|9,518 – 10,642
|6,510 – 7,285
The UEW faculty is very knowledgeable and professional, and they are committed to giving students the greatest educational experience possible.
The academic staff is committed to assisting students in acquiring the skills, knowledge, and attitudes required for success in their chosen careers.
They are leaders in their fields. Additionally, the University of Education, Winneba has a strong research culture that motivates faculty members to conduct cutting-edge research and advance their fields.
UEW has excellent facilities that provide students with a conducive learning environment. Modern lecture halls, well-equipped labs, a cutting-edge library, and cozy dorm rooms are all available at the university.
University of Education, Winneba also has a vibrant sports culture, with facilities like a sports complex, football field, basketball court, and tennis court.
The university’s ICT center gives students access to the most recent technology and aids in the development of the digital skills required for the workplace of the twenty-first century.
UEW has a vibrant student community that is engaged in various extracurricular activities. Sports, music, drama, and entrepreneurship are just a few of the many clubs and societies the institution has to offer its diverse population of members.
UEW’s Student Representative Council (SRC) is actively involved in promoting students’ welfare and providing a platform for student leadership and advocacy.
University of Education, Winneba is the ideal place to begin your academic path if you are enthusiastic about education and want to have a good effect.