The Wikimedia Foundation Recruitment 2022/2023… | Wikimedia Foundation Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. Wikimedia Foundation recruitment 2022 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Ghanaian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited in the upcoming Wikimedia Foundation Recruitment and yet you are still not sure on how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Ghanaian for 2022/2023 Wikimedia Foundation recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Wikimedia Foundation.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Ghanaian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2022.
Wikimedia Foundation Recruitment 2022/2023
1. Job Title: Technical Writer
Can you envision yourself applying your technical writing and communication skills to make a positive impact in the world? Come work within the Technology department at the Wikimedia Foundation! We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our Developer Advocacy team.
As a technical writer, you will be working as part of a team to create and maintain educational material for a large community of free and open source software developers. Our technical community of staff and volunteers maintains and evolves MediaWiki and related software, and enhances the software experience for Wikipedia, Wikidata, and other free knowledge projects.
Our technical writers work in partnership with other teams and the community at large to prioritize areas of improvement, and then follow through on those priorities. You are required to become a generous and organized contributor on mediawiki.org and other wikis, and will support our efforts to introduce standards and best practices for technical documentation. Our globally distributed team works remotely, and so can you!
As a Technical Writer, we’d like you to do these things:
- Ensure developer documentation is clear, accurate and up-to-date and fulfills goal of expanding the developer community
- Produce high-quality and easy-to-understand documentation for a variety of engineering processes, API documentation, FAQs, user guides, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Work with teams and community volunteers to obtain an in-depth understanding of documentation needs and requirements
- Document new features, capabilities and other improvements in a timely fashion
- Create diagrams and illustrations as appropriate to improve readability and clarity
- Help expand the community of writers contributing to public documentation
- Communicate widely and frequently to a wide audience of staff, community members, and volunteers via mailing list, IRC, and wikis
- Share our values, respect our code of conduct, adhere to our team norms, and work in accordance with all three
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing for software or infrastructure projects and creating technical documentation for developers
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and make them understandable for others
- Demonstrated ability to create clear and compelling visual diagrams
- Strong research skills (as there will not always be developer support for some of the issues that need to be documented)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with track record of modeling good social and development practices
- Creative and highly motivated to serve diverse, multilingual and international communities
- Comfort in a collaborative, consensus-oriented and open environment
- Comfort using a wide variety of communication/collaboration tools including wikis, mailing lists, and IRC
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Experience using PHP, Python, Node.js, or other languages to build web applications is a strong plus
- Experience contributing to and participating in free and open-source software projects
- Experience working with and writing for diverse, multilingual and international communities
- The ability to speak multiple languages
Show us your stuff!
If you have writing examples you can share with us, please send links to these! If you have developed any open source software, or participated in online collaborative communities, share links as well. We would love to see your work!
How to Apply
Closing Date : 10 August. 2022
- Wikimedia Foundation DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for Wikimedia Foundation Recruitment 2022
To apply for the Wikimedia Foundation Recruitment Recruitment 2022. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Wikimedia Foundation Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.