University Of Cape Coast (UCC) Postgraduate Programmes PDF 2021/2022 is Out. Check the best Postgraduate Programmes offered at University Of Cape Coast 2020… www.ucc.edu.gh Postgraduate Programmes, University Of Cape Coast Undergraduate Postgraduate Programmes, University Of Cape Coast Postgraduate Programmes. The Postgraduate Programmes and their cluster points can be sort out, If at any point You do not see the course You wanted to pursue You can also comment with the name of the course below and We will provide a list of Universities that offer your course.
Are you looking for the list of Postgraduate Programmes available at the University Of Cape Coast? This post will assist you with the list of University Of Cape Coast, UCC Course List 2021/2022 for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Masters, Certificate, Diploma, Distance Learning, Short Course programmes, and others.
We recommend that after verifying that University Of Cape Coast (UCC) offers your course, You check If You meet the requirements for applying for the course.
- 1 UNIVERSITY OF GHANA AVAILABLE POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES.
- 1.1 Master of Arts/Science/Education/Business Administration (MA/MSc/MEd/MBA) Programmes
- 1.2 3.0 DURATION AND STRUCTURE OF PROGRAMMES
- 1.3 PhD
- 1.4 MPhil/MCom/MN
- 1.5 MA/MSc/MEd/ MBA
- 1.6 4.0 GRADUATE PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE IN THE COLLEGES, FACULTIES, SCHOOLS, INSTITUTES, DEPARTMENTS
- 1.7 4.1 COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND LEGAL STUDIES
- 1.8 4.1.1 FACULTY OF ARTS
- 1.9 A. Department of Religion and Human Values
- 1.10 B. Department of Ghanaian Languages and Linguistics
- 1.11 Additional Entry Requirements
- 1.12 C. Department of Classics and Philosophy
- 1.13 D. Department of History
- 1.14 E. Department of Music
- 1.15 F. Department of English
- 1.16 G. Department of French
- 1.17 H. Centre for African and International Studies
- 1.18 4.1.2 FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 1.19 A. Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- 1.20 B. Department of Population and Health
- 1.21 C. Department of Geography and Regional Planning
- 1.22 D. Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- 1.23 E. Institute of Oil and Gas Studies
- 1.24 4.1.3 SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
- 1.25 A. Department of Economics Studies
- 1.26 4.1.4 SCHOOL FOR DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
- 1.27 A. Department of Integrated Development Studies
- 1.28 B. Department of Peace Studies
- 1.29 4.1.5 SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- 1.30 A. Department of Human Resource Management
- 1.31 Additional Entry Requirements
- 1.32 B. Department of Management
- 1.33 Entry Requirements for all programmes:
- 1.34 C. Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management
- 1.35 Related
UNIVERSITY OF GHANA AVAILABLE POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES.
Master of Arts/Science/Education/Business Administration (MA/MSc/MEd/MBA) Programmes
Candidates seeking admission to MA/MSc/MEd/MBA degree programmes must:
- Have obtained a good first degree (at least a second class division) in an appropriate field of study from a recognised university/analogous institution.
- Submit an official transcript of academic record.
- Submit names of two referees, one of whom must be a former Lecturer.
- Satisfy any additional requirements prescribed by the College/Faculty/School/ Department.
3.0 DURATION AND STRUCTURE OF PROGRAMMES
36 Months -Full Time
The PhD programme shall consist of two parts. These shall be by one year of course work or directed reading, and two years for thesis writing which shall be a requirement for the award of the PhD.
24 Months -Full Time
The MPhil/MCom/MN Programmes shall normally extend over four semesters (two academic years) and shall be in two parts. The first part shall consist of course work for one academic year (two semesters). On successful completion of the first part and on the recommendation of the Department’s Committee on Graduate Studies, a student may proceed to the second part comprising the writing of a thesis which shall be a requirement for the award of the MPhil/MCom/MN Degree.
15 Months -Full Time
MA/MSc/MEd/MBA programmes are in two parts. The first part shall consist of two semesters of course work and the second part is made up of writing a dissertation which is a requirement for the award of the MA/MSc/MEd/MBA Degree
4.0 GRADUATE PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE IN THE COLLEGES, FACULTIES, SCHOOLS, INSTITUTES, DEPARTMENTS
4.1 COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND LEGAL STUDIES
4.1.1 FACULTY OF ARTS
A. Department of Religion and Human Values
- PhD (Religion and Human Values)
- MPhil (Religion and Human Values)
B. Department of Ghanaian Languages and Linguistics
- MPhil (Ghanaian Language) – Akan/Ewe/Ga
The Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) Ghanaian Languages Programme is designed to provide a state of the art training to Ghanaian language teachers, practitioners (such as media personnel), and researchers. Students are therefore equipped with the requisite knowledge and skills for a deeper appreciation of the Ghanaian language for both practical/functional purposes, such as teaching and moderating high level intellectual discourse in the Ghanaian language, and purely academic pursuits such as conducting an independent research in the Ghanaian language.
The programme covers two areas of Ghanaian language studies, namely:
Presently, the programme focuses on Akan, Ewe and Ga.
Additional Entry Requirements
Prospective applicants should have
(i) Obtained a good First Degree (minimum Second Class Lower) from the University of Cape Coast or any recognised tertiary institution in
a. A Ghanaian Language, or
b. General Linguistics, with passed courses in the Ghanaian language of interest, or
c. A discipline equivalent to (a) or (b) above.
(ii) Passed a selection interview to be conducted for the purposes of admissions into the programme.
C. Department of Classics and Philosophy
- MPhil (Philosophy)
- MPhil (Classics)
- MA (Philosophy)
- MA (Classics)
D. Department of History
- PhD (History)
- MPhil (History)
- MA (History)
E. Department of Music
- PhD (Ethnomusicology)
- PhD (Music Theory and Composition)
- PhD (Music Education)
- MPhil (Ethnomusicology)
- MPhil (Music Theory and Composition)
- MPhil (Music Education)
F. Department of English
- PhD (English Language)
- PhD (Literature-in-English)
- MPhil (English Language)
- MPhil (Literature-in-English)
Note: Thesis proposals submitted for admission in the Department of English should be in line with the research areas of Senior Members (Teaching) in the Department. Applicants should, therefore, be familiar with the research areas of the Senior Members of the Department from the Departmental website to assist them in preparing their research proposal for admission.
G. Department of French
- PhD (Language and Didactics in French)
- MPhil (Linguistics and Didactics)
- MPhil (French Literature and Civilization)
- MPhil (African Literature and Civilization)
H. Centre for African and International Studies
- PhD (International Studies)
- PhD (African Studies)
- MPhil (International Studies)
- MPhil (African Studies)
4.1.2 FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
A. Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- PhD (Tourism Management)
- PhD ( Hospitality Management)
- MPhil (Tourism Management)
- MPhil (Hospitality Management)
- MA (Tourism Management)
- MA (Hospitality Management)
B. Department of Population and Health
- PhD (Population and Health)
- MPhil (Population and Health)
C. Department of Geography and Regional Planning
- PhD (Geography and Regional Planning)
- PhD (Geography)
- MPhil (Geography and Regional Planning)
- MPhil (Geography)
- MA (Geography and Regional Planning)
- MA (Geography)
D. Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- PhD (Sociology)
- MPhil (Sociology)
E. Institute of Oil and Gas Studies
- MPhil (Oil and Gas Resource Management)
The programme targets the following categories of persons: Security Agencies; Educationists; District Assemblies; Persons in the Oil and Gas and Allied Industries; Relevant Public Sector and Institution; NADMO; Civil Society Organisations; Journalist; Religious, Community, and Traditional Leaders; Officials Working with Non-governmental Organisations (NGOs) related to Oil and Gas Industry; Engineers, Scientists, and other Technical Officers who require managerial training in Oil and Gas Management; Graduates from relevant discipline.
NOTE: Admission is on fee-paying basis
4.1.3 SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
A. Department of Economics Studies
- PhD (Economics)
- MPhil (Economics)
- MSc (Economics)
B. Department of Data Science and Economic Policy
- MSc (Economic Policy Modelling)
4.1.4 SCHOOL FOR DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
A. Department of Integrated Development Studies
- PhD (Development Studies)
- MPhil (Development Studies)
B. Department of Peace Studies
- MPhil (Peace and Development Studies)
4.1.5 SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- Doctor of Philosophy (Business Administration) Programme
A. Department of Human Resource Management
- MCom (Human Resource Management)
- MBA (Human Resource Management)
Additional Entry Requirements
Holders of professional qualification such as IHRMP, CIPD, ICA, ACCA and CIMA plus two years post qualification work experience can apply.
The target group may include;
- Graduates from all disciplines
- Administrators in public and private institutions
- Government workers
- Chief Executive Officers
B. Department of Management
- MCom (Management)
- MPhil (Public Policy and Management)
- MBA (Management)
- MSc (Public Policy and Management)
Entry Requirements for all programmes:
Professional qualification such as ICA, ACCA and CIMA, CIM, CIB, CIPS and other accredited professional certificates plus three years post qualification work experience.
All applicants should have two years’ working experience.
C. Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management
- Master of Commerce Programmes
b. Project Management
c. Procurement and Supply Chain Management – Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS – UK)
The Master of Commerce (MCom) is a researched master’s programme. It targets people who want to pursue career in the academia, in research institutions and consultancy. People with non-research master’s degree could also obtain MCom through our special top-up programmes
If this post is helpful to you and you know that is going to be helpful to somebody else, please share it button below on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
For the latest update, You can like our Facebook page and also follow us on Twitter through the button below.