The University for Development Studies (UDS) Distance Learning DL Admission Forms 2023/2024: The UDS 2023 Distance Learning Admission Forms are available online for download. Candidates can apply Now. This page will show you all the information you need.
University for Development Studies (UDS) Distance Learning Applications are open to the general public and prospective students for admissions into the various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes of the university.
How to Apply for University for Development Studies Distance Learning Admission
Interested persons can buy the application forms through any Ghana Commercial or Agricultural Development Banks at all Centres except for Tamale where the application can be done on- line.
Also the applications for the Sawla Centre can be picked from the Senior Secondary School and the Directorate of Education at Sawla.
Follow the directions below to apply UDS Distance Learning Admission Form:-
- Click Here: UDS Distance Learning Admission Form
UDS Distance Learning Programmes
The following programmes are available for the 2023/2024 academic year:
- Diploma, Post Diploma and Bachelor of Education (BEd) in Basic Education,
- Diploma, Post Diploma and Bachelor of Education (BEd) in Early Childhood Care Education,
- Diploma, Post Diploma and Bachelor of Education (BEd) in Science Education,
- Diploma, Post Diploma and Bachelor of Education (BEd) in Social Science Education,
- Diploma, Post Diploma and Bachelor of Education in (BEd) Agricultural Science Education
UDS Distance Learning Studies Centres and for the under listed programmes:
- Yendi at the Dagbon State Senior High School,
- Bimbilla at the EP College of Education, Bimbico,
- Sawla, at the Sawla Senior High School,
- Tamale at the premises of the Faculty of Education near the Tamale Polytechnic and
- Bawku, at the Bawku Senior High School.
UDS GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- WASSCE Holders (for Degree Programmes)
WASSCE holders seeking admission into Degree programmes must have at least C6 in all their three Core and three Elective Subjects.WASSCE holders who have Grade D7 or E8 or F9 in any one of their three Core or three Elective subjects are advised not to apply for a degree programme.Candidates should therefore possess, at least, credit scores/grades in the following:
- Three core subjects (English Language, Mathematics (Core) and Integrated Science / Social Studies).
- Any three elective subjects in the relevant programmes.
- Aggregate Score of the best six subjects (three core and three electives) must not exceed 36. However, admissions will be on competitive basis, and various programmes offered in UDS have their cut-off points much lower than aggregate 36 for WASSCE applicants.
- Candidates should note that Social Studies is not an elective subject.
- For candidates who read Arts and Business subjects at WASSCE, a grade in Social Studies may be used in place of the grade in Integrated Science in the calculation of their aggregates if the Social Studies grade is better than the grade in Integrated Science. This is however on condition that the candidate has at least a pass in Integrated Science.
- For Science students, however, Social Studies (Core) does not replace Integrated Science (Core) in the calculation of candidates’ aggregates.
- WASSCE Holders (for Diploma Programmes)