The United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment 2023/2024 is open for new Vacancies for applicants to apply for. However, the positions are available below. Application Form Portal, Requirements, and other details are available here as read through this piece.
United Nations University
The United Nations University (UNU), a global model and postgraduate teaching institution, was created by the UN in an effort to solve pressing global challenges like research, policy analysis, and capacity building.
It however works to foster world peace, human rights, and sustainable development for everyone’s benefit.
Also, as a United Nations institution, UNU has a significantly great contribution to the provision of a high-quality education support system and to the aspect of creating jobs for numerous individuals.
United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment
United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment Portal is where all their new job recruitment is carried out online.
Therefore all Interested and qualified applicants must be Ghanaian citizens by birth with no criminal record.
Hence, those who possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university, in a related field.
And are within the Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
Furthermore, continue reading to get the United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment application form, requirements, qualifications, guidelines, and the closing date here.
Here is the job description available for this vacancy:
1. Job Title: Driver/Protocol Assistant
UNU is an international community of scholars engaged in policy-oriented research and capacity development.
And the dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
However, the mission of UNU is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its Member States.
For the past four decades, UNU has been a go-to think tank for impartial research on human survival, conflict prevention, sustainable development, and welfare.
Nevertheless, with more than 400 researchers in 12 countries, UNU’s work spans the 17 Sustainable Development Goals’ full breadth, generating policy-relevant knowledge to effect positive global change.
Therefore, UNU maintains more than 200 collaborations with UN agencies and leading universities and research institutions across the globe.
Under the general supervision of the director, the incumbent performs the following functions:
1. Liaise with the division of protocol of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in matters regarding the implementation of the UN Immunities and Privileges Act related to international staff (e.g., diplomatic visas, diplomatic identity cards, preparing official visits of UN and other dignitaries, providing motorcade and other services according to the diplomatic protocol.
2. Also, liaise with Government Departments and Agencies in matters regarding the implementation of the MOU between UNU and the Government of Ghana (GOG) and the Agreement between the UNU. And GOG regarding UNU-INRA as well as general matters related to the functioning of UNU-INRA (e.g. licensing of vehicles, insurance, roadworthy certificates, telephone services, etc.).
3. Liaise with the University of Ghana in matters regarding the functioning of UNU-INRA on its campus (e.g., entry to the university facilities, provision of water and electricity, and maintenance of the Director’s residence).
4. Hence, Liaise with airport authorities to provide diplomatic facilities to international staff and official visitors and facilitate immigration procedures (e.g. limousine pickup at the tarmac. Diplomatic lounge facilities, early check-in at the airport).
5. Facilitate the duty-free import (and export) of goods for international staff and for the office. Liaise with Embassies in Accra for the provision of visas for UNU staff and visitors.
6. Drive official vehicles to transport staff and visitors, as well as deliver and collect mail, cheques, documents, and other official items.
7. Responsible for the maintenance of office vehicles, their registration, insurance, etc.
8. Perform other liaison, protocol, or messenger duties as and when assigned by the supervisor. Conduct any basic clerical work related to duties and responsibilities.
9. Finally, perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
1. Completion of Secondary School/High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Also, a valid National Driver’s License is required.
3. A valid basic life support (BLS) certificate or equivalent is desirable.
4. Hence, a minimum of three years of continuous driving experience with a safe driving record is required.
5. Also, experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motor vehicles is valuable.
6. Experience as a driver for a senior manager/executive is desirable.
7. However, experience as a driver in an international organization or NGO with a safe driving record is desirable.
8. Fluency in English is required
9. Finally, knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on the Company Website.
Closing Date: 3rd August. 2023
Finally, the United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment Application Portal, 2023, gives applicants the opportunity to join a prestigious institution dedicated to addressing global challenges and advancing human welfare.
Hence, take the first step towards a meaningful and impactful career if have gone through this piece.