The United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment 2022/2023… United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment advertises new Vacancies for applicants to apply for. The positions are available below. Application Form Portal, Requirements, and other details are available below.
United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment invites all Eligible and Interested applicants to apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment Portal is where all their new job recruitment is carried out online.
Therefore all Interested and qualified applicants must be Ghanaian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university, in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2022.
Get the United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment recruitment application form, requirements, qualifications, guidelines, and the closing date for free here.
United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment 2022
Here is the procedure and how to apply for the United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment Recruitment 2022
1. Job Title: Driver/Protocol Assistant
UNU is an international community of scholars engaged in policy-oriented research, capacity development and dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. The mission of UNU is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its Member States.
For the past four decades, UNU has been a go-to think tank for impartial research on human survival, conflict prevention, sustainable development, and welfare. With more than 400 researchers in 12 countries, UNU’s work spans the 17 Sustainable Development Goals’ full breadth, generating policy-relevant knowledge to effect positive global change. UNU maintains more than 200 collaborations with UN agencies and leading universities and research institutions across the globe.
About United Nations University Institute for Natural Resources in Africa (UNU-INRA)
The United Nations University Institute for Natural Resources in Africa (UNU-INRA) is one of fourteen Research and training Institutes that comprise the think tanks in the UNU system. The mission of UNU-INRA is to strengthen the capacity of Africa’s universities and research institutions to conduct research and produce well-trained, well-equipped and motivated individuals, capable of developing, adapting and disseminating technologies that advance food security, promote conservation and efficient use of the continent’s natural resources for sustainable development. For more information, please visit www.inra.unu.edu.
Under the general supervision of the director, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Liaise with the division of protocol of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in matters regarding the implementation of the UN immunities and privileges Act related to international staff (e.g., diplomatic visas, diplomatic identity cards, preparing official visits of UN and other dignitaries, providing motorcade and other services according to the diplomatic protocol.
- Liaise with Government Departments and Agencies in matters regarding the implementation of the MOU between UNU and the Government of Ghana (GOG) and the Agreement between the UNU and GOG regarding UNU-INRA as well as general matters related to the functioning of UNU-INRA (e.g licensing of vehicles, insurance, roadworthy certificates, telephone services etc).
- Liaise with the University of Ghana in matters regarding the functioning of UNU-INRA on its campus (e.g, entry to the university facilities, provision of water and electricity, maintenance of the Director’s residence).
- Liaise with airport authorities to provide diplomatic facilities to international staff and official visitors and facilitate the immigration procedures (e.g limousine pickup at the tarmac. Diplomatic lounge facilities, early check-in at the airport).
- Facilitate the duty-free import (and export) of goods of international staff and for the office. Liaise with Embassies in Accra for the provision of visas for UNU staff and visitors.
- Drive official vehicles to transport staff and visitors, as well as deliver and collect mail, cheques, documents, and other official items.
- Responsible for the maintenance of office vehicles, their registration, insurance etc.
- Perform other liaison, protocol or messenger duties as and when assigned by the supervisor. Conduct any basic clerical work related to duties and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and safe transportation of authorized personnel
- Time and quality delivery of documents and goods
- Timely and quality engagement with external partners (MoFA, governmental departments and the University of Ghana)
- Inclusion – Take action to create an environment of dignity and respect for all, regardless of age, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, geography, grade, language, nationality, racial identity, religion, sex, sex characteristics, sexual orientation, social origin or any other aspect of identity.
- Integrity – Act ethically, demonstrating the standards of conduct of the United Nations and taking prompt action in case of witnessing unprofessional or unethical behaviour, or any other breach of UN standards.
- Humility – Demonstrate self-awareness and willingness to learn from others.
- Humanity – Act according to the purposes of the United Nations: peace, dignity and equality on a healthy planet.
- Connect and Collaborate – Build positive relationships with others to advance the work of the United Nations and work coherently as One UN
- Analyse and Plan – Seek out and use data from a wide range of sources to understand problems, inform decision-making, propose evidence-based solutions and plan action
- Deliver Results with Positive Impact – Hold oneself and others accountable for delivering results and making a positive difference to the people and causes that the United Nations serves
- Learn and Develop – Pursue own learning and development and contribute to the learning and development of others
- Adapt and Innovate – Demonstrate flexibility, agility and the ability to think and act in novel ways
- Completion of Secondary School/High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid National Driver’s License is required.
- A valid basic life support (BLS) certificate or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of three years’ continuous driving experience with a safe driving record is required.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motorized vehicles is required.
- Experience as a driver for a senior manager/executive is desirable.
- Experience as a driver in an international organization or NGO with a safe driving record, is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 3rd August. 2022
Few things to know before Apply for United Nations University (UNU) Job Recruitment 2022
To apply for the United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment Recruitment 2022. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations University (UNU) Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.