Are you planning to apply to the University for Development Studies (UDS)? Learn all about the UDS Admissions Portal, how to access it, and what you need to do to apply successfully.
UDS Admissions Portal
The University for Development Studies (UDS), one of Ghana’s top universities, provides a range of programs across numerous academic fields.
It’s crucial to comprehend the application procedure and how to use the UDS Admissions Portal if you intend to apply to UDS.
The UDS Admissions Portal is an online platform where applicants can apply to UDS and check their application status.
Anywhere in the world can access the portal, which is open twenty-four hours a day. The application process on this user-friendly platform is just a few easy steps.
Mode of Application for Domestic (Ghanaian) Applicants
1. Payment of E-Voucher
Ghanaian applicants must pay GH 200.00 (undergraduate) or GH 250.00 (postgraduate) at any branch of the following bank;
- Stanbic Bank,
- GCB Bank,
- Agricultural Development Bank (ADB),
- National Investment Bank (NIB),
- Prudential Bank,
- Zenith Bank, or
- Ecobank nationwide,
- or make an online payment using a Master Card or Visa Card at the payment portal.
2. Access the Online Application Form
After payment, applicants should visit the online admissions portal to access the application form. They will need to upload their passport-sized photograph with a white background and relevant certificates.
3. Submit Application Form
Applicants must submit their completed form after accepting the Data Confirmation Policy. It is advisable to check all details before submission. That is because you can’t edit after submission.
4. Submission of Application Documents
Undergraduate applicants must print out their application summary, including any necessary attachments, and submit it to the head of the academic affairs department in triplicate (three copies of each).
Postgraduate applicants must print out three copies of the application summary, attach relevant documents to each form, and include three reference letters.
5. Email Application Documents
Applicants must scan all documents and send them to email@example.com. The applicant’s entire name and serial number should be enclosed in brackets in the subject line of the email.
6. Seek Assistance for EMS Office
Applicants should visit any EMS Office in the country for assistance with the return of the application documents. Use Ghana Post EMS to post the documents.
7. Closing Date
Make sure to submit applications for both regular and distance learning by September.
Mode of Application for Foreign Applicants
1. Access the Online Application Form
Non-Ghanaian applicants should visit the online admissions portal to access the application form. They will need to upload their passport-sized photograph and relevant certificates.
2. Submit Application Form
Applicants must submit their completed form. It is advisable to check all details before submission as no editing can be done once the form is submitted.
3. Submission of Application Documents
The Head (Academic & Students Affairs) must receive the application summary in triplicate (three copies each), along with the applicant’s supporting documentation.
4. Email Application Documents
Applicants must scan all documents and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant’s entire name and serial number should be enclosed in brackets in the subject line of the email.
5. Closing Date
Ensure that you complete your Application submission by July. Candidates should be aware that applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
How Do I Check My UDS Admission Status?
To check your admission status at the University for Development Studies (UDS), you can follow these steps:
1. Visit the UDS admission portal.
2. Click on the “Check Admission Status” button.
3. Enter your Application Reference Number in the field provided.
4. Click on the “Check Status” button.
5. Your admission status will be displayed on the screen.
6. Once your admission letter has been printed, you can pay the necessary fees to reserve your spot at the university.
7. If you haven’t been accepted, you can constantly visit the portal for updates on the progress of your application or get in touch with the UDS admissions office for more help.
Features of the UDS Admissions Portal
The UDS Admissions Portal offers several key features that make the application process more accessible and convenient for applicants. These features include:
1. Online application: The portal allows applicants to apply online from anywhere in the world.
2. Document upload: Applicants can upload their supporting documents online, making it easier to complete the application process.
3. Application tracking: Applicants can track the progress of their application online and receive updates on its status.
4. Online payment: The portal allows applicants to pay their application fees online using a credit card or mobile money.
The UDS Admissions Portal is an essential tool for anyone planning to apply to UDS. The application procedure can be finished on this user-friendly platform in just a few easy steps.
By following the instructions carefully and providing accurate information, you can apply successfully and track the progress of your application online. So, start your journey to UDS today by accessing the UDS Admissions Portal!