Tamale College of Education is a leading institution in Ghana that offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in education. Learn about the admissions requirements, how to apply, and prospective careers for graduates. Find out more about Tamale College of Education here.
Tamale College of Education
A higher education facility called Tamale College of Education is situated in Tamale, the nation of Ghana’s Northern Region’s capital.
The college was initially founded in 1958 as a women’s training college before becoming a co-educational institution in 1961.
The University of Education, Winneba, with which Tamale College of Education is connected, provides a number of educational diploma-granting programs.
Academics at Tamale College of Education
Tamale College of Education provides various educational programs to satisfy the needs of students with multiple career objectives.
The program offered in this college is to help the students to be equipped with the necessary skills they will need to be successful teachers out there.
Early Childhood Education, Primary Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, Social Studies Education, and Technical Education are some of the courses Tamale College of Education offers.
A group of knowledgeable instructors dedicated to giving students a high-quality education delivers these programs.
Programs Offered at Tamale College of Education
Tamale College of Education offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in education. Here is a list of the programs offered at Tamale College of Education:
1. Early Childhood Education
2. Primary Education Studies
3. Junior High School Education Studies
4. General Education Studies (for non-teaching professionals)
1. Curriculum and Instruction Master of Education (M.Ed.)
2. Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Administration and Leadership
3. M.Ed. in Educational Research, Master of Education
4. Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Education
5. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Education
The four-year undergraduate degree programs give students a thorough understanding of teaching and learning in their specialized fields.
In addition to educating students for leadership roles in their fields, the objective of postgraduate studies is to advance their knowledge and expertise in certain areas of education.
Also, the M.Ed. programs are two-year programs that focus on curriculum and instruction, educational administration and leadership, or educational research.
The research-focused MPhil and Ph.D. programs train students for jobs in academic research, public policy, and other relevant fields of education.
Admission to Tamale College of Education
To gain admission to Tamale College of Education, prospective students must meet the minimum entry requirements set by the college.
To be eligible for admission to Tamale College of Education, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Possess a West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or its equivalent with at least six credits, including English Language and Mathematics.
2. Applicants with General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) or Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) must have at least five credits, including English Language and Mathematics.
3. The minimum age requirement for mature applicants is 25, and they must have at least five years of relevant job experience.
How do I Apply for Tamale College of Education?
To apply for admission at Tamale College of Education, follow these instructions:
1. Purchase a Tamale College of Education application scratch card from any of the designated sales points or banks.
2. Scratch off the silver panel on the card to reveal the pin, registration type, and serial number.
3. Visit the college’s official website’s admissions section.
4. By selecting the “Apply Online” option, choose the desired program.
5. Enter the scratch card pin, registration type, and serial number in the appropriate fields on the application form.
6. Then fill out the application form and include all necessary details on the application form, such as your name, contact information, educational history, and program of interest.
7. Attach all the required documents to the application form, including academic transcripts, certificates, and a passport-sized photograph.
8. Make the application fee payment using your preferred method of payment. Bank transfers, mobile money, and credit/debit card payments are all acceptable methods of payment for this.
9. Submit the completed application form and all the required documents to the college’s admissions office via post or in-person delivery.
It’s important to note that the scratch card pin, registration type, and serial number are unique and must be kept confidential.
Only use the scratch card to access the application form, and do not share the information with anyone else.
Prospective Careers for Tamale College of Education Graduates
1. Classroom teaching: Graduates can become teachers in primary, junior high, or senior high schools.
2. School administration: Graduates can pursue careers as headteachers, assistant headteachers, or school principals.
3. Curriculum development: Graduates can work with educational institutions or government bodies to develop and revise educational programs.
4. Educational research: Graduates can conduct research in education in universities, research institutions, or NGOs.
5. Educational consultancy: Graduates can provide professional advice and support to educational institutions or private individuals.
6. Teacher training: Graduates can provide training and professional development programs to new and experienced teachers.
7. Non-profit work: Graduates can work with non-profit organizations that serve marginalized populations and advance education.
Facilities at the College of Education
Tamale College of Education has modern facilities that enhance teaching and learning. There are plenty of books, periodicals, and other educational resources in the college’s well-stocked library.
The library offers a comfortable setting for research and study and is accessible to both students and staff.
In addition to the library, Tamale College of Education has well-equipped science and computer laboratories that enable students to undertake practical sessions to enhance their learning.
Also, the college features a well-kept sports facility where students can participate in a variety of sporting events.
Tamale College of Education is the best place to begin if you are passionate about teaching and want to work in education.