Are you a student looking for Scholarships or funds to carry on your educational needs? If yes, Remington College is available for various course levels and the scholarship is offered by different universities and colleges.
The Remington College and grants are for both local and international students. So interested students should start now and search for the courses that suit them.
Applications for Remington College are now open. Just take your time and go through this post, as this article has arranged every detail you need and listed the top Nursing scholarships for national and international students.
How to Apply for Remington College
Here are some brief descriptions of the top Remington College.
About Remington College
Remington College is a non-profit career college in Texas, United States that was established in 1987. It has sixteen (16) campuses all over the U.S.
Remington College’s oldest campus is the former Spencer Business College in Lafayette, Louisiana while its newest campus is in Columbia, South Carolina.
The institution was established to offer students career-specific training that is in-demand in their environment. These pieces of training and academic programs are administered by professionals that possess in-depth experience in the industry that students want to venture into.
Additionally, Remington College offers these programs that lead to the award of degrees and diplomas in several fields including business, information technology, criminal justice, electronics, graphic arts, beauty, and the health sciences.
These programs are offered in a more personalized setting (online and on-campus) and it helps students to achieve their career goals.
You can visit Remington College’s website by clicking here.
What are the admission requirements for Remington College?
In this section, Remington College’s admission requirements are categorized into on-campus admission requirements and online admission requirements.
On-campus Admission Requirements
- Applicants must complete the application form and endorse an enrollment agreement with Remington. The enrollment agreement of applicants who are minors can be signed by their parents, guardians, or someone with legal authority.
- Candidates applying for the criminal justice program will have to sign a notice to intending criminal justice students.
- Applicants must have graduated from a recognized high school or have completed the equivalent academic training (GED) prior to enrollment.
- Candidates should ensure that the high school diploma or GED must come from an institution that is duly recognized by Remington. In addition, the document must be in English or translated into English by a professional translator or by the office of the Provost for Remington College.
- Applicants should provide the transcripts from the high school or college last attended.
- Candidates will have to submit a copy of form DD214 showing graduation status.
- Applicants must submit a letter showing graduation status and graduation date from a recognized school or state official and the letter must be considered acceptable by the Provost for Remington College.
- Candidates must take and pass the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE). The SLE is a standardized entrance exam for every student applying to Remington.
- Students who possess degrees and applying from colleges or universities outside of the U.S may be offered provisional admission through the approval of the Campus Dean. The Campus Dean may choose to place such applicants on certain conditions.
- Applicants whose programs have distance-learning components will have to complete the Wonderlic Admissions Risk Profile Survey.
Online Admission Requirements
Students applying to Remington College for online and hybrid programs must possess the following hardware and software tools listed below:
- A personal computer that is less than five (5) years old.
- Email address
- Color monitor
- Sound card with speakers or headphones
- 4 GB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space
- Broadband Internet connection (DSL or cable recommended)
- Web browser (Chrome is highly recommended)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash
- Word Processing Software (Microsoft Office is preferred)
- OpenOffice is recommended
Remington College’s Academic Programs
Remington College offers students several career-oriented and hands-on programs. These programs are administered on-campus and online by industry-experienced instructors leading to the award of diplomas, associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and master’s degrees.
Programs offered cover healthcare, trades, business & technology, legal & criminal justice, culinary, music & creative arts, and cosmetology.
The academic programs offered at Remington College include:
- Health Information Management (Online)
- Organizational Management
- Criminal Justice (On-campus & Online)
- Health Information Management (Online)
Remington College Tuition
Tuition fees at Remington are charged based on the student’s program of choice. Keep in mind that tuition fees will not increase once students remain continuously enrolled and on track while pursuing their program of study.
Keep in mind that the fee listed below covers only tuition. However, students will have to pay other fees for accommodation, dining, books, and supplies.
Therefore, the average tuition fees at Remington College are as follows:
- Associate Degree Tuition – $37,917
- Undergraduate Degree – $13,634
Scholarships at Remington College
Remington College offers several scholarships to its students. Financial aids at Remington are offered based on needs, merit, circumstances, restrictions, and/or qualifications.
Students at Remington receive financial aids in the form of Grants, Scholarships, Student Loans, and Federal Parent Plus Loans.
To be eligible for a scholarship at Remington College, students must meet the following requirements:
- Students must show financial needs.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED).
- Students must be citizens of the U.S. A or be an eligible non-citizen and must have a valid Social Security number.
Hence, the scholarships at Remington College are:
Academic Achievement Scholarship
The Academic Achievement Scholarship is available to students that possess excellent high school academic records reflecting a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Students possessing this academic record show that they can succeed in college.
Below are the eligibility requirements for the Academic Achievement Scholarship at Remington College:
- Applicants must have completed high school in 2008 or later.
- Candidates should possess a high school transcript bearing a cumulative high school GPA of 3.00 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be seeking first-time enrollment as a new student in an eligible program at Remington College.
- Candidates will have to complete the Academic Achievement Scholarship Application and send the application to the Financial Aid Department at Remington College.
New Career Success Scholarship
The New Career Success Scholarship is a need-based scholarship that is open to students that do not have the finance to fund their program at Remington.
In addition, the financial award was established to fund the education of students so as to provide local employers with an educated workforce. It was also designed to offer education to non-traditional students who have the zeal to acquire higher education that will help them to build a rewarding career.
The eligibility requirements for the New Career Success Scholarship include:
- Applicants should have a total income as evident in their Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) that is less than or equal to the Median Family Income in Alabama. You can get the Median Family Income from the U.S Census Bureau.
- Candidates must be seeking first-time enrollment as a new student in an eligible program at Remington College.
- Applicants must complete the Academic Achievement Scholarship Application and send the application to the Financial Aid Department at Remington College.
Career Ready Scholarship
The Career Ready Scholarship is intended to make educational programs at Remington affordable to civil servants, first responders, law enforcement officers, active military, reservists, or government agency employees.
Below are the eligibility requirements for the Career Ready Scholarship:
- Candidates must be a civil servant, first responder, law enforcement officer, active military, reservist, or an employee of a government agency.
- Applicants should show evidence of employment from an approved agency at enrollment or at re-entry and upon completion of the program.
- Candidates must enroll in a criminal justice program at Remington College.
- Applicants should have submitted an application for a Career Ready Scholarship prior to enrollment.
Remington College Rankings
Remington College offers academic programs across 16 campuses. The Dallas campus of Remington College is ranked 959th among the best colleges in the United States.
Remington College, Dallas Campus is ranked as one of the best colleges in the U.S in offering criminal justice, business administration, homeland security, law, and firefighting. It is ranked 25th among the most liberal colleges in Texas and 543rd in the U.S.A.
The Nashville campus of Remington College is ranked as the best in the United States for its dental support and healthcare programs.
On the other hand, Remington’s Memphis campus is ranked 26th in the list of most conservative colleges in Tennessee and 730th in the United States.
Attending Remington College may be your best career decision especially if you live around in Texas. Remington College has got major associate’s degree programs in healthcare. If you what you found here interests you, you can apply to the school here.
Frequently Asked Questions about Remington College
Does Remington College admit international students?
Some campuses of Remington College enroll international students by the authorization of the U.S government. International students enrolled should keep in mind that scholarships may not be available to them, however, their tuition will be the same as legal residents in the U.S.
Can students get on-campus accommodation at Remington College?
No. Remington College does not offer students accommodation on any of its campuses.
Does Remington College accept transfer credits?
Yes. Remington College may accept transfer credits for degree programs from some recognized colleges and universities. Additionally, the institution may accept transfer credits for degree and diploma programs from other campuses of Remington College.
Is Remington College accredited?
Yes. Remington College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).