Are you a student looking for Scholarships or funds to carry on your educational needs? If yes, The Top P.E.O Star Scholarship for International Students | Women is available for various course levels and the scholarship is offered by different universities and colleges.
The Top P.E.O Star Scholarship for International Students | Women and grants are for both local and international students. So interested students should start now and search for the courses that suit them.
Applications for Top P.E.O Star Scholarship for International Students | Women are now open. Just take your time and go through this post, as this article has arranged every detail you need and listed the top Nursing scholarships for national and international students.
How to Apply for Top P.E.O Star Scholarship for International Students | Women
Here are some brief descriptions of the top Top P.E.O Star Scholarship for International Students | Women.
About P.E.O Star Scholarship
Philanthropic Educational Organization (P.E.O) was founded on 21st January 1869 by 7 students.
The P.O.E has its roots originally from the philosophy and institution of the Methodist Church which known for its active promotion of Women’s rights and Education in the US.
The P.E.O Sisterhood is passionate about the mission it has on its shoulders which is creating educational opportunities for women.
P.E.O has 5, 866 local chapters in the US and Canada with about 251, 879 active members.
They have five philanthropies that provide higher education assistance for women which include:
- Star Scholarship
- International Peace Scholarship Fund
- Program for Continuing Education
- Educational Loan Fund
- P.E.P Scholar Awards
Level/Field of Study
It is a highly competitive scholarship. The scholarship is open for high school seniors (women) who are graduating and who have shown impressive academic performance, extracurricular activities and community service.
Philanthropic Educational Organization (P.E.O) Star Scholarship will take place in the United States (US).
The Scholarship is for citizens from the United States of America and Canada.
- The P.E.O Star Scholarship is one of the five philanthropic programs awarded by P.E.O Sisterhood.
- The annual award is valued at $2,500 and is non-renewable.
- This program empowers women, celebrates and advances them through loans, scholarships, awards, grants, and stewardship. This serves also as a form of motivation to women and a call for them to go for and achieve their aspirations in life.
No of Scholarships
The number of awards given out by the P.E.O Star Scholarship may vary from year to year.
P.E.O Star Scholarship 2021 Eligibility
To be eligible for this award, you must meet the following criteria.
- You must have at least a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be on her final senior year is or will be 20 years of age or below at the end of the academic year.
- You must be a citizen or a permanent resident of the US or Canada legally.
- Must plan to attend part-time or full-time an accredited post-secondary institution in the US or Canada in the fall of the academic year following graduation from high school.
How to Apply | P.E.O Star Scholarship Application Procedures
The P.E.O Star Scholarship Application Procedure is as follows:
- Whenever a prospective applicant is identified by a local chapter, the local STAR Scholarship chairman arranges an interview to assess the prospect’s eligibility.
- If there is a vote to recommend the applicant by the chapter, the chairman then oversees the online application process.
- She can always log in to this account with the username and password used when creating the account.
- You will receive an email containing instructions on how to set up her online account and complete her own portion of the application.
- She will now complete the required forms, send an email requesting a letter of reference, compose an essay and then, electronically submit everything to the Office of the Executive, P.E.O.
Chapter Recommendation and Application Process
- Student’s activity chart, original one passage essay, reference letters (2) and an unofficial high school transcript. An unofficial transcript may be your transcript that has not been made official a stamp or seal or even a signature.
- There must be three different writers. An applicant cannot submit the chapter’s letter of recommendation written by the same individual who wrote the letter of reference. It makes the application incomplete and as such will not be considered.
- Do not mail your transcript to the P.E.O Executive Office. The Star Scholarship online application explains how one can scan and upload her transcript.
- A Canadian applicant must also include her Province Conversion Grading Scale.
- You will receive the fund directly at her discretion or to your educational institute.
- This fund may be known taxable for tuition, fees, books, and equipment required for the course of instruction. But however, used for room, board or even transportation expenses may have tax implications for the recipient
You must submit your application to the P.E.O Executive Officer on or before Dec 1st.
The P.E.O Star Scholarship Application Form can be accessed through the P.E.O Star Scholarship Login