Nana Addo Dankwa Biography, Net Worth
Nana Akufo-Addo is the current president of Ghana he was born in March 29, 1944, Accra, Gold Coast [now Ghana]), Ghanaian lawyer and politician who became president of Ghana in January 2017.
Nana Addo Net Worth
- Annual: GH₵348,000.00
- Monthly: GH₵29,000.00
- Weekly: GH₵6,692.31
- Daily: GH₵1,338.46
Nana Akufo-Addo Profile
Political party: New Patriotic Party (NPP)
Nana Akufo-Addo Biography, Date Of Birth, Early Life, Family And Education
Nana Akufo-Addo was born on the 29th of March, 1944 in Accra, Gold Coast (now Ghana) to the family of Edward and Adeline Akufo-Addo. His father, Edward Akufo-Addo was also a very popular Ghanaian politician and lawyer and was active in the fight for Ghana’s independence. He has been described as one of the founding fathers of Ghana.
Career and Politics
In the 2007 presidential elections, Akufo-Addo was the popular candidate tipped to win NPP’s presidential primaries. He represents the NPP in a closely contested election against John Atta Mills of NDC. He garnered 49.13%, leading Atta Mills with a slim margin that was below the constitutional threshold of 50% to become the outright winner. John Atta Mills died on the 24th of July, 2015 and was succeeded by John Dramani Mahama.
In the 2015 elections, Akufo-Addo once again ran as NPP’s presidential candidate against Mahama, who was later declared the winner of the election. The results were legally challenged by Akufo-Addo and the NPP over charges relating to electoral fraud. After several tense months, in August 2015 the Court upheld Mahama’s victory. Akufo-Addo had to accept the verdict in the interest of economic stability and international goodwill.
Not giving up, Akufo-Addo once again declared his intentions of seeking the party’s nomination for the third time ahead of the 2016 election. He emerged winner in the primaries after polling 94.35% of the votes. During his campaign, Akufo-Addo focused on Ghana’s economy, while promising to stabilise the country’s foreign exchange rate and to reduce unemployment levels. He won the election with 53.83% of the votes against Mahama’s 44.4%. Akufo-Addo was inaugurated on January 7, 2017.
Ahead of the 2023 elections, Nana Akufo-Addo has signed up for his re-election by picking a nomination form as the flagbearer of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) ahead of the 2023 general elections.
Nana Akufo-Addo is happily married to Rebecca Akufo-Addo and the marriage is blessed with five daughters, Gyankroma Funmi Akufo-Addo, Edwina Nana Douka Akufo-Addo, Adriana Dukua Akufo-Addo, Yeboakua Akufo-Addo, and Valerie Obaze.
Rebecca Akufo-Addo is a philanthropist and founder of the Rebecca Akufo-Addo foundation, a non-governmental organization to enhance efforts of government amongst Ghanaian women and children.
Awards and Recognitions
Nana Akufo-Addo’s good governance has earned him numerous awards and recognitions, both in Ghana and beyond. Some of them include:
• In 2016, the Harmony Foundation presented Akufo-Addo with the Mother Theresa Memorial International Award for Social Justice
• In 2017, he received the National Achievement Award by the Africa-America Institute on behalf of the people of Ghana.
• In June 2023, he was presented with an award for Exemplary Leadership by the Whitaker Group
• In August 2023 he received the African Port Award by The African Port Award (APA) Foundation for his projects on modernising Ghana’s ports
• In September 2023, the U.S. Africa Business Centre of the United States Chamber of Commerce presented Akufo-Addo with the 2023 Outstanding Leader’s Award.
• In October 2023 he received the 2023 Governance Leadership Award
• In June 2023, the Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (ANOCA) announced it will honour Akufo-Addo with the Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (ANOCA) Merit Award for Heads of State
• In January 2023, he was honoured at the fourth Ghana Hotels Association Awards
Nana Akufo-Addo Net Worth
Asides politics, Nana Akufo-Addo is also a successful lawyer who is notable for working in a couple of law firms in both Ghana and abroad. He has handled several positions in Ghana, including serving as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) and the Attorney General and Minister of Justice.
According to Glusea.com, Pres. Nana Akufo-Addo has an estimated net worth of $350 million.
Social Media Handles
You can connect with Nana Akufo-Addo on: