Jackson College of Education is one of the leading colleges of education which is dedicated to giving quality education to students across various disciplines in Ghana. Here, you will get to know the complete admission process for the College.
Jackson College of Education
Jackson College of Education has the goal of offering the best instruction to students. However, the College was established in 2007, in Kumasi, Ghana.
The college however issues degrees in education and related subjects to its students, and there has been a great development since its founding.
Hence, this is why the has become one of Ghana’s top institutions of higher learning. Furthermore, part of its mission is to give assistance to its students to acquire hope for a brighter future.
However, the vision of the college includes becoming an excellent educational institution.
That is committed to the development of good human resources for the nation under the help of the Almighty God.
And to provide Ghana with a superior educational system, which is a goal for every country.
Hence, the aim of JCE is to give training to these untrained teachers to enable them to teach efficiently.
And to provide high-quality education, good moral principles, and sound teaching skills for the young men and women who desire to be teachers.
Jackson College of Education General Admission Process
Jackson College of Education’s general admission process is however for qualified candidates.
Hence, seeking to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programs in education and related fields to launch their application.
Hence, intending students can always apply for admission, as there is no room for any other form of registration in the school.
Basic Admission Requirement
The requirement for undergraduate programs varies from that of postgraduate programs. However, here is the requirement for both programs:
1. WASSCE Holders
Six (6) disciplines totaling credit passes (A1-C6) are made up of three (3) core subjects (including Core English Language and Core Mathematics) and three (3) electives.
2. SSSCE Holders
Credit passes (A – D) in six (6) subjects, comprising three (3) core subjects (including Core English Language and Core Mathematics) and three (3) elective subjects.
Applicants who are twenty-five years of age and who have passed the WASSCE, SSSCE, GCE “O” Level.
Hence, other nationally recognized standard high school level examinations are also eligible to apply as mature students.
Post Graduate Programs
Diploma in Basic Education Certificate or Transcript from any recognized University
How to Apply for Admission at JCE
1. To apply online for admission into the School, purchase an E-voucher at One Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GHS150.00).
2. The E-voucher contains the Applicant Number and PIN with which you can access the admission portal to begin your online application.
E-vouchers can however be purchased in any of the following ways:
- It can be purchased online
- E-vouchers can also be purchased by dialing this USSD Code *920*215# on all networks.
Follow these steps if you have purchased the E-Voucher:
1. Log on to the College Website
2. Select Start Application
3. Enter the Applicant Number and PIN
4. Carefully complete and submit the Online Application Form
5. Print the Online Application Confirmation Letter
1. An incomplete form can be saved so that you can log in and finish it later.
2. You will need to provide digital copies of your most recent passport photo as well as any application-related result slips or certifications.
3. The image must be in JPEG format and no larger than 50KB and must be red background.
4. Be careful while filling in the information needed for admission to the school.
5. You can log in later to finish an incomplete form that you’ve saved.
6. Write down and store in a secure location your applicant number, PIN, and printed online application confirmation letter.
To check your admission status online, you will require these pieces of information.
7. After the application deadline has passed, it cannot be edited.
Finally, the Jackson College of Education general admission process is an opportunity for qualified candidates to advance their education.
Hence, reading through this guide means there is no need to visit the school for an inquiry on admission processes.