It is a general experience for every average scholar to go through several hassles in their schooling process. The truth about this is that it doesn’t always have to be this way. With a scholarship like the University of West London International Fund, you can now say goodbye to such hardships.
In this post, I’ll be giving you full details on everything you need to know about this outstanding scholarship. This post shall contain all information on the scholarship, eligibility requirements, and the application process. To increase your success chances, ensure you stick to this post to the end so you won’t miss anything.
About the University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships
The university is constantly seeking ways to help every individual from around the world financially. One of these ways is by offering this incredible scholarship opportunity.
The University of West London offers this scholarship to international individuals who wish to be ambassadors of the school. Additionally, the platform provides up to fifty to a hundred persons with this financial support every year. The scholarship is worth up to 5,000 euros, and it is primarily internationally based and covers undergraduates and postgraduates.
These international ambassadors become active representatives of the university. Interestingly, this honor comes with some tasks and a busy schedule with other benefits attached. The marketing department will screen, interview, and photograph these candidates.
Here are some of the benefits every successful candidate enjoys:
- Up to 5,000 euros worth of funding
- An opportunity to meet with and associate with other prominent international students
- A great way to showcase oneself
Scholarship Eligibility and Criteria
The following are some criteria that an applicant must satisfy to be eligible. An applicant must:
- Hold an offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at UWL and will commence learning as the school resumes. The applicant has already applied for the course, and the university must have given an official admission offer.
- Be a self-funded whole fee-paying student.
- Be from overseas or an international student. It is open for non-European union students.
- Demonstrate the zeal and capability to be an excellent international student ambassador. The university offers the International Ambassador Scholarship on a competitive level, judging with this factor as the primary one.
- Meet up with the English Language requirements set up by the university. For undergraduate degree students, applicants must meet an overall IELTS 6.0 with a minimum score of 5.5 in all elements. You must complete an overall IELTS 6.5 and no less than IELTS 5.5 per element for postgraduate degree students.
Disclaimer for the International Ambassador Scholarships
Being an International Ambassador comes with some responsibilities on your shoulders. One of such responsibilities is to showcase UWL to other students through media, rendering services, etc. Moreover, you will help out on Open Days, undergo interviews, make videos and take pictures, working alongside the Marketing department.
Here are things you should know about being an ambassador at the university
- You will be an active representative of the university and participate in several current and future promotional activities. Also, this task will lead to interviews, photoshoots, and others.
- The student will make added contributions to the promotion activities in several ways. These actions include supporting events the university or International Office organizes for scholars. They will also need to reach out to prospective ambassadors who come to explore the school.
- The student assigns to the university any intellectual property and other rights. Informatively, the institution may use these when creating its promotional materials.
- There is an agreement between the school and the student that the university will make no payment to the scholar. Any successful candidate should be aware that the school will not pay for their participation in promotional activities.
- The institution reserves all rights to revoke the scholarship. However, the university takes this decision only when the scholar doesn’t fulfill the requirements for the role.
How to Apply for the University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships
At this point, you should have enrolled in a degree program and must have received an admission. Once this is clear, you may pick up an application form. Firstly, ensure you have these documents in place as you will send them alongside your application:
- English Language qualifications as applicable
- Copies of certificates and other qualification transcripts
- Copy of passport
Once these documents are ready, visit the site to pick the application form and fill all fields. After that, crosscheck your work thoroughly before mailing it to int.app-at-uwl.ac.uk. All you need to do now is wait for the selection period.
About the University of West London
With an impressive undergraduate rate, the University of London is now a hot cake in modern times. However, this is just the beginning of the several other benefits of attending the University of West London.
UWL is a public research university that dates back to 1860 and goes through several processes to become this masterpiece. It began as the Lady Byron School, which later became Ealing College of Higher Education. Soon after, it transformed into the Polytechnic of West London.
In 1992, the polytechnic became a university as Thames Valley University. After several mergers, acquisitions, and establishments, it changed into its present name. It is presently in the United Kingdom with campuses in Ealing, Reading in Berkshire, and Brentford in Greater London.
The University of West London now has nine famous schools. They include the Claude Littner Business School, the School of Computing and Engineering, and the London College of Music. Moreover, others include the London Geller College of Hospitality and Tourism, the School of Law, and four others.
The university features a great, healthy campus and is perfect for an excellent student experience. Additionally, it features several facilities for studying, which it constantly updates, including a library and other spaces. There is a diverse community for every student of every race to feel wanted and accepted.
The secret to the university’s high-quality teaching is their industry experts, which they employ as staff. Every student will benefit from the insight of the teachers, coupled with advice and support. Conclusively, these features make it just the right place to pursue your dream career.
The environment around the school’s perimeter is stuffed and packed with essential locations around your reach. It is well-known for its School of Film, Media, and Design.