The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Recruitment 2022/2023… | International Fertilizer Development Center Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. International Fertilizer Development Center recruitment 2022 application form, Closing date, requirements and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Ghanaian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited in the upcoming International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Recruitment and yet you are still not sure on how to start. This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Ghanaian for the 2022/2023 International Fertilizer Development Center recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at the International Fertilizer Development Center.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be: Ghanaian citizen by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2022.
International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Recruitment 2022/2023
1. Job Title: Assistant Economist
Over the past decade or so Ghana has embarked on an agenda to develop its fertilizer sector. Different initiatives have sought to improve fertilizer consumption and use through several subsidy programs for farmers and the formulation of a fertilizer policy to guide fertilizer production, marketing and quality control. The realization of a need to harmonize all these efforts has led to the formation of a Team tasked to develop a Fertilizer Expansion Program for the country. Furthermore, balanced fertilizers are essential for sustainable agricultural intensification in Ghana. Widespread adoption of appropriate fertilizers requires a transformation of the fertilizer and food systems that must be driven by evidence-based agro-technical perspectives embedded in multi-stakeholder processes to create enabling conditions for adoption, which is the aim of the public-private program Fertilizer Research and Responsible Implementation (FERARI) https://ifdc.org/ferari/.
IFDC leads this 5-year program, that started in September 2019, carrying out the implementation component and co-supervising the researchers in the program. This program will focus on developing the fertilizer industrial sector, developing and optimizing the value chain and creating demand for fertilizers.
Clearly, the economic viability of any intervention in the fertilizer value chain should be secured for the responsible implementation of innovative fertilizer solutions. Financial benefits should resonate to farmers to adopt new products, while agro-dealers and other actors in the fertilizer value chain should earn a living from it as well. These and other complex economic dynamics in the sector should be understood and utilized to help develop the sector.
Scope of Work
Our project needs a reliable Economist/Socio-economist to join our team. We are three years down the road and gathered large amounts of socio-economic and agro-technical data that needs to be analyzed in great depth. We’re looking for a college graduate with journey-level skills and a desire to expand his or her skill set and experience. The ideal candidate will be able to function effectively under the supervision of the main economist who guides required economic analyses. The candidate will assist the Economics team to conduct research, prepare reports and journal articles, and formulate plans to aid in solution of economic problems in the fertilizer value chain. He/she will process economic and statistical data using econometric and sampling techniques. Our team includes some of the brightest minds in the academia and we hope to add you to our roster.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in designing survey instrument and manage participatory action research processes.
- Assist in field data collection, secondary data collection, literature synthesis, and conduct field data analyses.
- Write, among others, journal articles and policy briefs, based on existing project data and objectives.
- Assist natural scientists to conduct economic analysis of fertilizer trials/demonstrations.
Skills & Competencies
- Skills in framing social science research designs and conceptual understanding within an interdisciplinary context, to design and conduct field research activities across soil fertility management and good agronomic practices.
- Proven experience in mixed methods (quantitative and qualitative),
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional and multicultural environment.
- Possess an open mindset and the ability to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and French will be added advantage).
- Ability to plan and conduct socio economic studies for development
- Competence in statistical analysis and data collection
- Good skill in report-writing and presentation of research results
- Proven knowledge in mobilizing communities and professional organization
- Supervisory skills
- Time-management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
Closing Date: 20th November 2022
- Minimum of Post Graduate degree (Master of Philosophy) in Agricultural Economics, Social Science, Development Economics, or a closely related field such as Agricultural Development and Agricultural Innovation Systems Economics, and Development Studies. Doctorate degree in any of the above is an advantage
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience, with at least 1 year of experience in carrying out social research studies
- Experience in Agricultural Research for Development is an advantage
- A proven publication record on relevant topics
How to Apply
Closing Date : 18th November, 2022
- International Fertilizer Development Center DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for International Fertilizer Development Center Recruitment 2022
To apply for the International Fertilizer Development Center Recruitment Recruitment 2022. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum International Fertilizer Development Center Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.