Surely, it’s the perfect time to apply for the Holland Scholarship. You see, this particular scholarship is just for the international students that are not from the European Economic Area (EEA). Besides, these students must be willing to take their Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees all the way to the Netherlands. Moreover, anyone interested in applying for the Holland Scholarship must be ready to show an impressive academic track record and must also fulfill every other criterion that you will meet in the process of your application.
In the first place, Holland is a small country in western Europe. But was formally a unified region within the Roman Empire. It is also the former province on the west coast of the Netherlands. Aside from that, the security measures in the country are comforting. This is due to the fact that the government has made it its duty to provide friendly and approachable security personnel to curb crime in the country. Currently, the level of crime and violence in Holland is in its lowest state.
Furthermore, the country has a beautiful cultural diversity and they practice an inclusive community. This helps everyone, including different religions and ideologies to blend in. Holland has never been a hostile country to foreigners. Usually, they welcome foreigners with open hearts and, are always ready to accommodate.
About study in Holland
Regarding study in Holland, it is a scheme to bring in international students who are considering Holland as their study destination. Also, study in Holland was initiated by Nuffic. So as to promote and inform students about Dutch higher education across the globe.
With regards to this, studying in Holland has these perks:
- More than 2,000 programs are in English
- High-quality education and value for your money
- Become part of an international community
- Develop valuable skills and be more successful
- Live in one of the safest and happiest countries in the world
- Have the rest of Europe at your doorstep
The Holland Scholarship is sponsored by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science. And also, by several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. It is, however, important to declare that the Holland Scholarship is not a full-tuition scholarship.
The Holland Scholarship lasts for a period of 1 year. In addition to this, the scholarship can only be received once.
Now, the scholarship is worth 5,000 euros. You will receive the fund in the first year of your studies.
Scholarship application criteria
So, before you qualify for the Holland Scholarship, you must:
- Be a non-European Economic Area (EEA)
- Apply for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s degree program at one of the Dutch higher institutions involved
- Meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. Check out the institution’s website for full requirements.
- Lastly, do not have a degree from an educational institution in the Netherlands.
Code of conduct
Now, there is a code of conduct guiding the Holland Scholarship and other scholarships financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education and Dutch Universities.
Therefore, activities that involve the outlined behaviour are unacceptable like:
- Bankruptcy, insolvency
- Breach of obligations relating to the payment of taxes and social security contributions as well
- Conduct relating to a criminal organization
- Money laundering or terrorism financing
- Terrorist offenses or offenses linked to terrorism activities
- Creating a shell company
- Being a shell company
To Apply: click here
Closing date: May 1, 2023
For more information: Get your information here
In summary, bachelor’s and master’s students looking out for an opportunity to visit, live, and study in Holland can now take advantage of this information and apply to any Dutch University that is related to Holland Scholarship. However, you must meet all the criteria. Then again, keep to the code of conduct.