The Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) Recruitment 2021/2022… | GWCL Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) recruitment 2021 application form, Closing date, requirements and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Ghanaian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited in the upcoming Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) Recruitment and yet you are still not sure on how to start. This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Ghanaian for the 2020/2021 Ghana Water Company Limited GWCL recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL).
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be: Ghanaian citizen by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2020.
Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) Recruitment 2021/2022
Ghana Water Company Limited is seeking to recruit a Social Safeguards Specialist.
• Assess from social point of view, which of the GWCL project activities will need screening and specific management and action plans to mitigate negative social and environmental impacts of the subproject
• Lead the implementation of all involuntary resettlement activities under component 2
• Prepare TORs to guide Consultants to prepare site specific social safeguards instruments required for mitigating social impacts of proposed projects prior to commencement of civil works
• Provide intensive on-site support to consultants or agencies involved in preliminary resettlement studies or preparation of resettlement action plans
• Ensure the timely and appropriate liaison between MSWR,EPA and Metropolitan/Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) on social issues within the Project components 2.
• Supervise, Coordinate and facilitate consultants engaged to carry out social impact assessments and resettlement planning and monitoring of safeguards instruments implementation
• Prepare internal social guidelines for preparation, review, implementation, monitoring and reporting on various safeguards instruments
• Review ESIAs/RAP/ARAP/s and other social documents prepared by consultants to ensure compliance with relevant safeguards policies of the World Bank and Ghana.
• From social point of, review environmental and social impact analaysis (ESIA) reports and environmental and social management plans (ESMP) from consultants in collaboration the environmental specialist and EPA and work with consultants or appropriate agencies in formulating recommendations on alternatives so as to avoid implementing activities that could generate social repercussions and to intervene with actions that minimise/mitigate negative social impacts
• Submit all draft resettlement action plans to GAMA, PCU and World Bank for review and clearance
• Lead the disclosure of RAPs/ARAPs related to GWCL component of the project
• Propose for partner NGOs, approaches to be undertaken for successful community mobilization programs on social issues
• Lead the implementation of the grievance redress mechanism developed for the project by the GWCL and keep accurate records of grievances received and addressed
• Prepare and implement a comprehensive orientation and training program introducing social safeguard policies, principle and procedures to GWCL and other project implementing agencies, supervising engineering consultant and contractors
• In collaboration with environmental specialist and other technical officers, monitor compliance with safeguards requirements and inclusion of safeguards requirement in the revised standard bidding document of the World Bank and civil works contracts and devise a corrective action plan to address significant non-compliance issues where required
• Coordinate and facilitate the work consultants engaged to carry out social impact assessments and preparation or implementation of resettlement action plans and monitoring issues where required.
• Coordinate and facilitate the work of consultants engaged to carry out social impact assessments and preparation of or implementation of resettlement action plans and monitoring of these instruments
• Coordinate gender issues for GWCL component of the GAMA Project and advise on how the project activities can be more sensitive to meet the priorities of both men ad women beneficiaries in GWCL project communities
• Ensure zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse by project workers (including the contractors and implementing agency staff, facilitate HIV/AIDs orientation programme at construction sites issues related to labour influx (people coming into the project area for project related work), etc and any other as may be required
• Undertake frequent field visits to all project sites to assess the efficiency of the grievance redress mechanism established for the project
• Lead periodic social safeguards audit of the implementation of the RAPs.
• Facilitate the implementation of the project’s grievance redress mechanism by monitoring the status of grievances, facilitating their resolution, maintaining, documentation and reporting progress.
• Coordinate World Bank Specialist visits to field to review safeguards compliance
• Develop and maintain the project’s information database on social safeguards aspects, including a system to track the projects relevant documents
• Prepare up-to-date and accurate resettlement program statistics, periodic resettlement reports and needs assessments and submit safeguards report to the GAMA PCU on monthly, quarterly and annual basis, in addition, the consultant will be required to prepare or contribute to the preparation of other reports, as and when needed
• Perform any other social safeguards duty assigned by the GWCL
Qualification Required & Experience
• Have a minimum of a Masters Degree in Social Sciences or related field
• At least 3 years experience as a safeguards specialist on similar projects
• Have at least 5 years of post – qualification, practical experience in social safeguards assessment and management, sustainable development, social protection, project implementation and capacity building
• Be familiar with World Bank Safeguard policies, procedures and application and conversant with Ghana EPA’s environmental assessment regulations and procedures
Knowledge & Skills
• Creative and innovative team player
• Exceptional organisation problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to influence at all levels
• Proven leadership skills and motivate team members to deliver excellent results
• Strong team building, decision making and people management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and achieve targets
• High level of organisation and attention to detail
• Good human relation skills
Age Limit: Candidates should not be more than 40 years old
How To Apply For The Job
Applications accompanied by supporting documents, names and addresses of three (3) referees should be sent to:
The Managing Director
Ghana Water company Limited
P.O.Box MB 194
Head Office Ministres – Accra
How to Apply for Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) Recruitment 2021
Unfortunately, submission of the application is closed. However, applicants are to check back for updates on the 2020 Ghana Water Company Limited recruitment on this platform or visit the recruitment portal below.
Ghana Water Company Limited Recruitment Deadline
As at the time of this publication, they have not yet announced the GWCL recruitment date for 2020. Once approval has been gotten for the 2020 GWCL recruitment, it will automatically update this post.
For the meantime, disregard every alleged recruitment dates and exercise published by any website. We can assure you that very soon the GCCA recruitment for 2020 will commence. So bookmark this page to stay up to date with the GWCL recruitment exercise.
- Ghana Water Company Limited DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for Ghana Water Company Limited Recruitment 2021
To apply for the Ghana Water Company Limited Recruitment Recruitment 2021. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Ghana Water Company Limited Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.