Ghana National College: A Timeless Institution of Learning
Get to know more about Ghana National College – one of Ghana’s oldest and most prestigious secondary schools. Discover its history, admission requirements, and campus life.
Ghana National College
Ghana National College has a long history that begins before the nation gained its freedom from British colonial domination.
A group of prominent Ghanaians, including Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, who eventually became Ghana’s first president, founded the college in 1948.
The aim was to provide a high-quality secondary education to Ghanaian youth, which was lacking in the colonial education system.
Ghana National College has expanded and changed over time, adjusting to the shifting demands and difficulties of society.
The institution today offers a broad range of academic programs in the sciences, the arts, business, and vocational training in order to suit the diverse needs and interests of its students.
Academics, Learning, and Extracurricular Activities
At Ghana National College, learning is not just about getting good grades but also about developing critical thinking, creativity, and leadership skills.
The college provides a comprehensive education that integrates rigorous academics with extracurricular pursuits like sports, music, drama, and volunteer work.
This is to prepare students for postsecondary education, professional professions, and global citizenship.
The faculty members are highly qualified and experienced, providing personalized attention and guidance to students.
A well-stocked library, science and computer labs, and athletic facilities are among the college’s other contemporary amenities.
You must fulfill the following conditions in order to get admitted to Ghana National College in 2023:
1. The Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE), which is a requirement, must have been passed.
2. English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, and Social Studies must all be in the required six (6) subjects you passed on the BECE.
3. Five out of the six topics must be completed with an A-D grade requirement.
4. 15 to 18 years old is the minimum age range.
The admission procedure for Ghana National College in 2023 is outlined below:
1. Visit the college’s official website and download the admission form.
2. Fill out the admission form and make sure to fill it with accurate and complete information.
3. Attach the following documents to the admission form:
4. A certified true copy of your BECE results slip
5. Two recent passport-size photographs
6. Submit the completed admission form and attached documents in person or by email.
7. Pay the non-refundable admission processing fee of GHS 100 at the college’s bank account or via mobile money.
8. Attend the college’s entrance examination on the scheduled date and time.
By Placement Result
1. When the placement is formally announced and you have been given admission to the Ghana National College, come to the institution with the following documents for cross-checking or verification and admission registration.
- Placement form.
- Copy of BECE Result Slip which has been endorsed by the candidate JHS Headmaster.
2. After successful admission registration, kindly leave the school premises to avoid overcrowding.
3. Download the following forms either through the school’s website or the school’s telegram channel.
- Student Record form
- Student and parent undertaken
- Medical form
- Prospectus and GES Code of Discipline.
4. Print out the forms and fill out the forms. Remember to carefully read instructions carefully.
5. Attach copies of your birth certificate and current NHIS Card to the filled-out forms or documents. When it comes time to report, bring them with you.
For further information contact the school either through telegram channel or through WhatsApp.
How to Get Admitted Successfully
Take into account the following advice to improve your chances of getting accepted to Ghana National College:
1. To prevent missing the admissions deadline, apply early.
2. Ensure that you meet all the admission requirements and have accurate and complete documents.
3. Prepare well for the entrance examination by practicing past questions and familiarizing yourself with the exam format.
4. Seek guidance from teachers or mentors to help you with the admission process and exam preparation.
You will be joining a lengthy list of accomplished alumni who have had a profound influence on Ghana and beyond if you choose Ghana National College for your secondary education.