The Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment 2022/2023… Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment advertises new Vacancies for applicants to apply for. The positions are available below. Application Form Portal, Requirements, and other details are available below.
Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment invites all Eligible and Interested applicants to apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment Portal is where all their new job recruitment is carried out online.
Therefore all Interested and qualified applicants must be Ghanaian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university, in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2022.
Get the Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment recruitment application form, requirements, qualifications, guidelines, and the closing date for free here.
Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment 2022
Here is the procedure and how to apply for the Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment Recruitment 2022
1. Job Title: Security Assistant
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with regionwide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs).
The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The post is located in the Regional Office for Africa in Accra, Ghana.
The Security Assistant supports the function of daily security services and the supervision of security personnel on duty. He/she monitors installed security equipment, systems and procedures and provides immediate assistance to security emergencies.
The Security Assistant works under technical guidance of the RAF Regional Security Adviser and reports directly tothe Administration Officer. He/she acts independently on day-to-day security operations. Supervision received is focused on the quality of the execution of required security and safety services. The incumbent coordinates junior security staff.
The Security Assistant is in frequent contact with staff and visitors at RAF and with security staff on all levels, monitoring and ensuring technical and administrative security procedures and requirements.
- Assist in monitoring and coordinating the work of a team of contracted security guards at RAF premises;
- Ensure that posts are covered at all times and assign daily duties to security staff, including fire control and physical security of the premises, staff safety and first aid procedures, use of equipment and operation of the automated alarm and video surveillance systems; resolve problems or refer them to supervisors;
- Monitor the performance of duties of contracted security guards throughout the premises and ensure that all posts are covered appropriately;
- Monitor the internal alarm system on site; monitor the video- and electronic control surveillance systems; alert operating and emergency staff and supervisors, as appropriate;
- Respond to security emergencies and provide and/or organize immediate assistance; call emergency services outside working hours and perform first aid, if required;
- Report all incidents and occurrences in the security reports database and report on technical interventions required/undertaken;
- Apply security and safety measures during special events at FAO premises;
- Assist in maintaining close collaboration with the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), security focal points of other UN Agencies, police and military authorities, fire services and other emergency services as required; participate in security cell meetings organized by UNDSS;
- Assist in monitoring compliance to Security Risk Management (SRM) and Residential Security Measures (RSM) in accordance with the United Nations security policies, practices and procedures and support their implementation;
- Support the implementation of security emergency preparedness protocols and security plan;
- Maintain updated personnel database and file for personnel identification cards, including production;
- Prepare security briefings documents for personnel including new arrivals and their dependents;
- Assist with inquiries and investigations in cases of security incidents affecting FAO personnel and assets;
- Assist FAO personnel in cases of security emergencies and assist with coordination of response;
- Prepare various reports in a timely manner according to the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS) guidelines;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Impact of work
The incumbent’s work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of the work unit’s administrative and security support services. Actions reflect on the successful achievement of the Security Services’ mandate.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – candidates will be assessed against the following
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Five years of experience with a national or international police force, armed forces, a private security organization, fire brigade or security service of a large organization, or in a position requiring high security, confidentiality and total integrity. Experience in managing small teams and a limited number of assets.
Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English
IT Skills: Basic knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Good knowledge of the use of security and safety systems and of applying protective procedures and techniques
- Good knowledge of FAO’s organizational units, their functions and key personnel
- Ability to render First Aid
- Ability to intervene on a Fire Incident
- Extent and relevance of experience in preparing security briefs, reports and presentations.
Special Requirements For Security Staff
- Highly developed sense of responsibility
- Emotional stability
- Ability to coordinate activities and staff in emergency situations
- Physical fitness for duty
- Driving license with irreproachable driving record
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Working knowledge of French (Level C) is an asset.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 9th November, 2022
- The Food and Agriculture Organization DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who want to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We hereby Advice that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more Questions and further Information pertaining to this recruitment get in touch with us on the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment 2022
To apply for the Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment Recruitment 2022. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Food and Agriculture Organization Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required documents before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.