The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) Recruitment 2021/2022… | Food and Agriculture Organisation Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. Food and Agriculture Organisation recruitment 2021 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Ghanaian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited in the upcoming Food and Agriculture Organisation Recruitment and yet you are still not sure on how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Ghanaian for the 2021/2022 Food and Agriculture Organisation recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at the Food and Agriculture Organisation.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Ghanaian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2021.
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) Recruitment 2021/2022
1. Job Title: Senior Animal Production and Health Officer
The Regional Office for Africa leads FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the region and, in collaboration with offices, centres and divisions at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. In its programme delivery, RAF contributes to the achievements of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda, guided by SDG 1 No poverty, SDG 2 No hunger, and SDG 10 Reducing inequalities. In addition to supporting FAO’s work in Members’ countries, RAF develops and maintains strategic partnerships with continental organizations, such as the African Union Commission and Regional Economic Communities (RECs). At policy level, RAF supports countries to develop strategies, policies and regulatory frameworks as well as supports regional and country policy dialogues that sustain efficient and inclusive agricultural and food systems. RAF also facilitates partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders, supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The Senior Animal Production and Health Officer reports to the Regional Programme Leader under the overall guidance of the Assistant Director-General/Regional Representative. He/she will work in consultation with other Technical Officers, the Officers in charge of South-South and Triangular Cooperation, the Partnerships and UN Collaboration both at HQ and in RAF
Technical leadership and supervision for FAO RAF’s programme of work on sustainable agrifood production systems with specific responsibility for leading the programme area on animal production systems and One Health platforms and actions. He/she will be responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of RAF’s work programme related to animal production systems and One Health and the interactions with other components of sustainable agrifood production systems including crops, fisheries and aquaculture as well as with food and nutrition systems, climate action and sustainable natural resources management, building resilience and improving livelihoods. The Senior Animal Production and Health Officer will lead RAF’s activities for strengthening partnership and knowledge networks within and outside the Organization, supporting country-level actions guided by FAO’s Country Programming Framework (CPF) as well as increasing South-South and Triangular Cooperation.
Leadership and technical policy expertise for the planning, development and implementation of Regional Programmes of work, projects, products, services in accordance with regional objectives and FAO’s Strategic Objectives and in alignment with the Organization’s Gender Policy.
- Plans, manages, or leads highly specialized or multidisciplinary teams, leads, coordinates, and/or participates in regional committees, project teams, and working groups, and/or provides technical leadership/secretariat services on technical networks and/or international technical policy and standard setting bodies;
- Analyses global and country specific requirements and relevant technical issues to provide critical input into the FAO Strategic Objectives, Programme of Work, work plans and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies;
- Implements and monitors programmes of work involving the development of the approach, evidence based strategies, and related tools, methodologies and the supporting system/database, monitoring and reporting frameworks;
- Conducts, designs and oversees research and analysis activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovation, technical reports, publications and/or ongoing programme development as well as the provision of technical and/or policy advisory services;
- Provides technical and policy advice to Members and technical support to Decentralized Offices in the development and implementation of their programmes;
- Leads and/or collaborates in, provides technical backstopping to and ensures the quality/effectiveness of capacity development and knowledge sharing activities with Members such as policy support, organizational development and individual learning events including preparation of related information, learning, on-line tools;
- Represents the Organization at international meetings and conferences, identifies and implements strategic partnerships, advocates best practices and increased policy dialogue and develops and negotiates effective working relationships/consensus and agreements with international and national stakeholders;
- Leads and/or participates in resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate strategy.
- Provides vision and strategic thinking on sustainable agrifood production systems for the development and implementation of the work programme in Africa, with focus on the following: animal production systems; inclusive value chain development; One Health platforms and actions; and the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Provides technical expertise on strategies and approaches as well as guidance on technologies and innovations in animal production and health for sustainable food production and productivity, development of inclusive value chains and building resilience towards ending poverty;
- Leads FAO RAF programme of work on animal production systems and One Health platforms and actions (planning, implementation, delivery, monitoring and evaluation);
- Work with other Thematic Regional Priority Leaders and Programme Leaders to coordinate activities related to the FAO Africa Regional Initiative on Sustainable Production and Inclusive Value Chains;
- Provides technical support and policy advice to Members in the implementation of FAO’s regional initiatives, thematic and programme priorities and activities in the formulation and implementation of activities under the UN Cooperation Framework;
- Coordinates FAO’s technical inputs and represents the (RAF) Regional Office for Africa on animal production and One Health related matters in engagements with governments, Continental Organizations, such as the African Union Commission, Regional Economic Commissions, interagency initiatives, development finance institutions, development partners and national and regional stakeholders;
- Leads RAF resource mobilization and partnership activities on animal production systems and One Health related work;
- Performs other related duties as required. .
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in veterinary medicine, veterinary science, animal science or related field
- Ten years of relevant experience in animal health, infectious disease management, including regulatory aspects, standard setting, and one health approaches
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
- Results Focus
- Leading, Engaging and Empowering
- Partnering and Advocating
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strategic Thinking
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential
- Extent and relevance of knowledge or experience in infectious disease management and in multidisciplinary approaches (theoretical and practical) to disease prevention and management
- Extent and relevance of experience in planning and implementation of programmes related to animal health in development organizations
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize resources
- Extent and relevance of experience in organizing international meetings, seminars and training courses
How to Apply
Closing Date : 17 May. 2021
2. Job Title: Operations Officer
The Operations Officer reports to the ECTAD Regional Manager for West and Central Africa under the overall guidance of the Emergency and Rehabilitation Officer/Deputy Head of ECTAD. . S/he works in close collaboration with RAF Programme/ Operations/ Administrative Units, the ECTAD Emergency and Rehabilitation Officers at headquarters and in consultation with the relevant technical units at FAO headquarters, RAF and Subregional Office for Eastern Africa (SFE).
Lead and coordinate the operational support function of the field programme including emergency, rehabilitation and development projects, in national, regional and global projects.
Ensure smooth functioning of ECTAD field programme operations in West and Central Africa, consistent service delivery, and continuous evaluation and readjustment/improvement of the operational environment to reflect the evolving needs.
The provision of operation support services.
• Acts as a focal point for all project operational matters, organizes and handles the day-to-day operational activities of the field programme (including emergency, rehabilitation and development projects, in national, regional and global projects) and takes action in consultation with supervisors on any issues which arise during the execution period;
• Prepares project task force meetings and provides secretariat support;
• Ensures the timely provision of project inputs (personnel, technical support services, subcontracts, training, equipment and supplies) directly by the Organization or, when appropriate, through contractors and in liaison with other support units;
• Participates in the preparation of project work plans, monitors progress and identifies corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
• Reviews and monitors the project budget, prepares requests and revisions as required, maintains and monitors budget expenditures and resources, reviews project transaction listings with a view to identify errors in accounting against budget lines;
• Prepares and submits the Project Implementation Reports and any other reports required by the Organization;
• Ensures the completeness and quality of data and documentation in the FAO corporate systems (e.g. GRMS, FPMIS), for all assigned operational field projects and activities;
• Prepares analytical reports on project performances as required;
• Coordinates action concerning the completion of field projects and arranges for timely and adequate reporting, including identification of project follow-up requirements;
• Contributes to the formulation of project proposals according to FAO’s procedures and prepares project documents for technical clearance and final approval under different funding arrangements;
• Performs other duties as required.
• Supports the day-to-day operations of the ECTAD programme in West and Central Africa;
• Supports the Regional Manager, the Budget Holder and the Emergency and Rehabilitation Officers at headquarters in the monitoring and management of ECTAD projects implemented in West and Central Africa;
• Participates in the design and implementation of ECTAD projects and programmes and preparation of briefs and review of project updates and progress reports;
• Supports and trains the ECTAD project operational and administrative staff in West and Central Africa as needed, and undertakes field missions to monitor and ensure smooth implementation of ECTAD project activities in West and Central Africa.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in public or business administration, finance, accounting, economics, social sciences or another field related to the FAO mandate;
• Five years of relevant experience in project management/operations and support;
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
• Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project formulation, analysis, planning, monitoring and implementation;
• Understanding of FAO policies and programmes is considered an asset;
• Extent and relevance of experience in supporting, advising and guiding the implementation of complex multistakeholder projects;
• Ability to develop plans for the implementation and coordination of project operations in developing countries, in partnership with UN agencies and other concerned stakeholders and/or partners;
• Familiarity with UN administrative, operational and financial procedures is an asset.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 19 May. 2021
- Food and Agriculture Organisation DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for Food and Agriculture Organisation Recruitment 2021
To apply for the Food and Agriculture Organisation Recruitment Recruitment 2021. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Food and Agriculture Organisation Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.