Are you a student looking for Scholarships or funds to carry on your educational needs? If yes, the Pioneer Academics Scholarships in the USA are available for various course levels and the scholarship is offered by different universities and colleges.
The Estrella Mountain Community College and grants are for both local and international students. So interested students should start now and search for the courses that suit them.
Applications for Estrella Mountain Community College are now open. Just take your time and go through this post, as this article has arranged every detail you need and listed the top scholarships for national and international students.
- Standford University Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
- $4000 Union Plus Scholarship Program 2022
- 15 Undergraduate Scholarships
- List of Cyprus Scholarships for International Students in 2022
- 1 How to Apply for Estrella Mountain Community College 2022
- 2 About Estrella Mountain Community College
- 3 Estrella Mountain Community College Tuition
- 4 EMCC Ranking
- 5 Estrella Mountains Community College Acceptance Rate
- 6 Admission For International Students
- 7 Scholarships And Financial Aids
- 8 Financial Aid Application Process Requirement
- 9 Conclusion
How to Apply for Estrella Mountain Community College 2022
About Estrella Mountain Community College
15 Countries to Work and Study in 2022
Estrella Mountain Community College is a public community college in Avondale, Arizona. Interestingly, EMCC is one of ten Maricopa Community Colleges (MCCCD) and is the newest in the District. MCCCD is one of the largest and oldest community college districts in the United States.
Since its opening in 1992, EMCC has worked to create a “sense of place” that expresses the historical and cultural values of the surrounding communities while providing students with meaningful and engaging learning environments.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the county, EMCC enrolls approximately 15,000 students annually and is planned to be a large comprehensive learning college of more than 40,000 students.
At this notable college, they provide exceptional and creative learning experiences that prepare all learners to achieve their dreams and transform their lives. For that reason, EMCC makes it a mission to remain an innovative higher learning organization responding to the diverse needs of West Valley communities.
So, EMCC students have an opportunity to successfully accomplish their educational and personal goals.
EMCC is a Hispanic Serving Institution through the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Postsecondary Education.
Estrella Mountain Community College Tuition
Thoughtfully and carefully, EMCC price tuition appropriately priced their tuition so as to give the best possible education to their students. This strategy is one that sets EMCC apart from other similar schools.
According to PetersEMCC Tuition is thus:
$2,040 For In-State students
$7,824 For Out-of-State students
Over the years, EMCC has built a solid reputation across the United State.
As a polished institution, EMCC ranks as the 305th best community college in USA and also ranks as the top 12 best community colleges in Arizona.
EMCC is committed to students’ academic success. For that reason, the Academic Success Center/Tutoring hosts a wide variety of programs to enhance student success.
This ASC offers all EMCC students remote tutoring, appointment-based tutoring, online paper critique through our Online Writing Center, 24/7 online tutoring through BrainFuse, study success strategies, tutorials, seminars, and workshops.
Tutors, here at EMCC, are peer student learning facilitators who are dedicated to working with students in a supportive, collaborative learning environment.
EMCC is accredited to issue Associate and Baccleurate degrees. Hence, Estrella Mountain College also offers various other programs to uphold academic excellence among her students. These include:
- Accounting, Banking, and Finance
- Administration of Justice
- Biological Sciences
- Creative Writing
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Food Science Technology
- Information Studies and eSociety
- Music Performance
- Musical Theatre
- Networking and Security
- Political Science
- Women and Gender studies, among other prestigious programs.
Estrella Mountains Community College Acceptance Rate
When we talk about admissions into Estrella Mountain Community College, first, take a careful look at their acceptance rate. So, the Estrella Mountain CC acceptance rate is 100% with a faculty ratio of . That means getting into this college in Arizona will be pretty easy for anyone with the zeal to attend this noble college.
EMCC also has a graduation rate of 28%, and her alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $27,500.
You must complete your Student Admission Application- the first step toward starting your college career at Estrella Mountain Community College. You can complete your Application online HERE or visit the Admissions and Registration office in person.
The Student Admission Application is your first step to:
- Establish your student account or reactivate an existing account.
- Establish your residency status for an accurate tuition rate.
- Identify a program of study or degree path.
The Declaration of Citizenship or Status form is also required. Be sure to visit the Related Resources links in the box to your right to learn more about residency requirements and “lawful presence”.
– A valid photo ID is required for ALL transactions.
– Most documents cannot be accepted if they are faxed or emailed to our office.
Admission For International Students
For international students, the admission process includes the requirements and steps listed below.
Important: When you submit your International Student Application, BY MAIL, please include ALL required supporting documentation with the application in the same envelope. EMCC does NOT accept faxed or emailed documents.
Failure to submit your application with ALL documents may cause your application to be delayed or denied.
That being said, here is a complete guide to applying to study at Estrella Mountains Community College:
#1. Complete Application
Students must complete the International Student Application.
#2. Submit All Documents.
Submit an officially certified diploma or transcripts demonstrating that you have completed the equivalent of high school in the United States. In most countries, this is “secondary education” or the last years of schooling before entering university.
All non-English transcripts and records must be translated into English.
#3. Prove of English Test
If English is not your native language, take the TOEFL Exam and request that your score report be sent directly to Estrella Mountain Community College(DICode Number 8238). Admission requires a TOEFL score of 500 on the paper-based test, a 61 on the internet-based test, or a 173 on the computer-based test.
This requirement may be waived if your native language is English.
We also accept an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall Band Score of 5.5 or better and a minimum IELTS individual Band Score of 5.0 in each module.
For information on dates and locations of TOEFL exam centers, contact the Educational Testing Center.
Also, it is important to note that, although EMCC offers ESL (English as a Second Language) courses, we do not have a full ESL program suited for F-1 visa students. To maintain your F-1 status, you must be enrolled in a full-time course of study (12 or more credits) each semester. At this time, we cannot guarantee a full-time ESL schedule and therefore do not offer the program to F-1 students.
EMCC is one of 10 community colleges within the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD). Please research the ESL programs at any of our sister colleges shown on this district MAP.
#4. Sponsor’s Statement of Financial Support
Your sponsor must complete the Statement of Financial Support form, as part of the International Student Application. Include financial documentation, such as a bank statement, showing that the sponsor has sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses estimated at $20,350 per year (see estimated expenses on the application for more details). Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Please note: the American Embassy or Consulate will require another set of original financial documents.
Students Under 18 Years Old (Minors)
Maricopa Community Colleges recommends that students who are under the age of 18 (minors) have a guardian in the United States. In the event of personal emergency, accident, illness, incarceration, etc., the State of Arizona will require the signature of a guardian before assistance such as hospitalization, legal counsel, etc., can be offered. Maricopa Community Colleges is not permitted to act in the place of a parent or guardian.
The Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) will authorize the completed Form I-20 application. If your application is approved, an I-20 will be mailed to you by the EMCC International Student Admissions office.
Scholarships And Financial Aids
The Financial Aid Office at EMCC is designed to provide financial assistance to eligible students from federal, state, institutional, and private sources of funding.
Federal student aid at EMCC includes:
Pell Grant: A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Federal Pell Grants are usually awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or a professional degree. (In some cases, however, a student enrolled in a postbaccalaureate teacher certification program might receive a Federal Pell Grant.) The amount you get will depend on your:
- financial need
- cost of attendance
- enrollment status
- plans to attend school for a full academic year or less
SEOG Grant: To get an FSEOG, you must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) so your college can determine how much financial need you have. Students who will receive Federal Pell Grants and have the most financial need will receive FSEOGs first. The FSEOG does not need to be repaid.
Direct Subsidized Loans are loans made to eligible undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need to help cover the costs of higher education at a college or career school. Here’s a quick overview of Direct Subsidized Loans:
- Direct Subsidized Loans are available to undergraduate students with financial need.
- Your school determines the amount you can borrow, and the amount may not exceed your financial need.
- The U.S. Department of Education pays the interest on a Direct Subsidized Loan while you’re in school at least half-time. Also, for the first six months after you leave school (referred to as a grace period) and during a period of deferment (a postponement of loan payments).
Direct Unsubsidized Loans are loans made to eligible undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, but in this case, the student does not have to demonstrate financial need to be eligible for the loan. Here’s a quick overview of Direct Unsubsidized Loans:
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans are available to undergraduate and graduate students; there is no requirement to demonstrate financial need.
- Your school determines the amount you can borrow based on your cost of attendance and other financial aid you receive.
- You are responsible for paying the interest on a Direct Unsubsidized Loan during all periods.
- If you choose not to pay the interest while you are in school and during grace periods and deferment or forbearance periods, your interest will accrue and be capitalized (that is, your interest will be added to the principal amount of your loan).
Scholarships are gift aid. They generally don’t need to be repaid. There are thousands of them, offered by schools, employers, individuals, private companies, nonprofits, communities, religious groups, and professional and social organizations. At EMCC, it is very easy to access scholarships if you have the right information.
So, here are the available scholarships you can access as a student of Estrella Mountain Community College:
- Arizona Community Foundation
- College Funding for Students with Disabilities
- EMCC/Maricopa Community Colleges District Scholarship Database
- Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation Scholarship
- Work Internships Ready Community College Students (WIRCCS)
- The Hispanic College Fund Scholarship Programs
- Presidents’ Honors Scholarship
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission Scholarship at Estrella Mountain Community College
- New Century Workforce Pathway Scholarship
How To Apply For Scholarship At EMCC?
As we stated earlier, applying for this prestigious college in USA is relatively easy. So, here is a quick guideline on how you can apply and potentially win several scholarships while at EMCC.
- Check out for scholarships and read the eligibility requirements to ensure you qualify.
- Request applications from all potential scholarship donors or complete online applications.
- Apply before the deadlines.
- Obtain letters of reference. (if requested)
- Print or type all letters and applications if possible.
PRO TIP: Start your application process early and don’t procrastinate!
Federal Work-Study provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.
Here’s a quick overview of Federal Work-Study:
- Provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school.
- Available to students with financial need.
- Available to full-time or part-time students.
- Administered by schools participating in the Federal Work-Study Program. Check the Jobs and Employment page on the school website for open positions.
Financial Aid Application Process Requirement
One of the most frequently asked questions when applying to Estrella Mountain Community College is “What is the financial aid process at Estrella Mountain Community College?”. The application process is simple and straightforward.
- First, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) through the U.S. Department of Education.
- You must also submit a new FAFSA for every new academic year. Every student should complete the FAFSA form as soon as possible after October 1st of the calendar year prior to when they plan to attend college.
- Be sure to use the federal school code 031563 for Estrella Mountain Community College.
- If you need help completing your FAFSA, you can book a FAFSA virtual help session.
- Whenever forms are submitted to the Financial Aid office, please understand additional processing time of 5-7 days is required.
- If the financial aid office needs additional information from you, it will be listed on your “To Do” list. It is the student’s responsibility to check their financial aid status on the online system regularly.
- If you need help completing your to-do list, you can schedule a To-Do Verification virtual help session.
- If selected for verification, regular tax returns will not be accepted. Instead, the board requires you to submit an IRS Tax Return Transcript along with the verification documents. To obtain the IRS Tax Return Transcript, contact the IRS by phone at 1-800-908-9946 or through the IRS website.
- You can also check the status of your financial aid on https://my.maricopa.edu. Simply click on the “View Financial Aid” link, then the year link. If you have been awarded, your award will be posted. If not, there will be no data available.
- Applying for and receiving financial aid can be a lengthy process, so please plan accordingly.
- Also, be sure to select your refund option through the https://my.maricopa.edu/how-pay/msrp page.
It is important that the students participate fully and involve themselves in learning as the Estrella Mountain Community college immerses itself in tutoring those who have come into it.
With this information, you can fully decide if EMCC is the best place for you to apply or not.