Ghana Center for Democratic Development Recruitment 2022/2023. Ghana Center for Democratic Development invites interested applicants from suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Center for Democratic Development Recruitment 2022.
IF you are a Ghanaian or you live in Ghana, this an opportunity for you to get recruited. because Ghana Center for Democratic Development is currently Recruiting new workers.
Available Positions Include:
1. Job Title: Gender, Diversity, and Inclusion Officer
Directing and coordinating our efforts to build and deliver an inclusive culture across the Network and ensure that diversity, equality, and inclusion are central to all that we do. As the technical expert in the area, the GD&I Officer will lead and guide the development and implementation of WADEMOS’ overall gender, diversity and inclusion policy and action plan as well as manage capacity building and other initiatives and programs that support the overall objectives and goals.
Reports to: Network Coordinator
Direct Working Relationship
Project Coordinators, M&E Officer, Communication & Digital Platforms Officer, Grant Officer, Research Assistant, and Project Assistant
Duration : 3 years
West Africa Democracy Solidarity Network (“WADEMOS”)
WADEMOS is one of the regional projects of the Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana), a civil society organization dedicated to promoting and strengthening democracy, good governance, and inclusive development, through research, analysis, education, and advocacy. Conceived as a transnational democracy solidarity network, WADEMOS aims to mobilize, coordinate, and leverage the collective power of civil society and other pro-democracy actors, resources, and opportunities within the West African region to advance, defend, and reinvigorate democracy and promote democratic norms and reforms in the sub-region, including through engagement with regional institutions and instruments. WADEMOS seeks, among other things, to build and sustain solidarity within civil society, media, and social movements, including women and youth-led activists and organizations, to respond effectively to the urgent problem of democratic backsliding in the ECOWAS region. The Project Management Unit (PMU) or secretariat of WADEMOS is located at CDD-Ghana’s office in Accra, Ghana.
The Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Officer will guide and coordinate the development and implementation of initiatives, policies, and plans that create and foster a diverse and an open and inclusive environment and culture across the WADEMOS Network. The GD&I Officer will assist project management to provide strategic direction and c leadership in ensuring that gender, diversity and inclusion receive due priority and visibility and are deliberately and effectively promoted as a critical component of WADEMOS programming.
A. Leadership, strategic planning, and management
- Assist Network Coordinator to provide vision and leadership that makes WADEMOS inclusive and diversity-sensitive
- Work closely with network members and stakeholders, diversity point people and institutions, and the WADEMOS community to shape and implement investments, plans, and strategies aligned with institutional goals to create a diverse and inclusive environment for all in the Subregion
- Assists the Network Coordinator in facilitating and coordinating WADEMOS strategic planning and prioritization in the areas of diversity and inclusion; conducting periodic climate surveys; and working collaboratively to develop and implement strategies and initiatives that advance a climate of diversity and inclusion that supports the WADEMOS mission
- Collaborate with network members and stakeholders to integrate best practices into institutional employment and workplace practices, including business practices and programming
- Engage appropriate stakeholders, develop, implements, operationalize, and measure WADEMOS strategic diversity and inclusion plan, vision, and related goals
B. Education, Communication, and Outreach
- Coordinate a wide variety of diverse programming within WADEMOS and its network addressing all dimensions of diversity and inclusion
- Work with the Communication and Digital Officer to plan public events about diversity and inclusion
- Propose and/or develop institutional programming related to diversity and inclusion, including employee developmental programs in areas such as cultural competencies and cultivating and retaining future leaders from diverse backgrounds
- Deploy and measures initiatives aimed at the promotion of diversity and cultural competence in the network
- Facilitate group discussions and town hall meetings in response to regional, continental and global events related to diversity and inclusion
- Liaise with the Communication and Digital Officer to establish effective modes of communication about ongoing diversity and inclusion within WADEMOS
- Create and implement communications strategies and content management for training, web resources, social media, and print materials to support diversity inclusion and related initiatives
- Serves as the spokesperson for WADEMOS on matters related to diversity and inclusion
- Form and cultivate strategic partnerships with individuals and organizations outside the network to help further its diversity agenda
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably post-graduate studies or degree in gender studies, psychology, law, social work, sociology, development studies, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience and demonstrated track record of having undertaken and led substantive programming and research on diversity and inclusion programming
- Strong substantive, technical, programmatic, and research skills in diversity and inclusion
- Ability to communicate and inspire others
- Ability to influence, network, and collaborate with government, NGOs, donors, and other stakeholders (both mainstream and diversity and inclusion specific)
● Strong management skills:
- Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously, set and meet deadlines, ensure that partners do the same
- Ability to manage own work with little supervision
Demonstrable capacity for evidence-based decision-making and sound judgment
Proven experience getting results from geographically dispersed and informally managed people
Problem-solving ability, creative resourcefulness, and innovation
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Proficiency in English required. Knowledge of French is a major advantage.
Flexibility and willingness to work during odd hours, including holidays and weekends on a wide range of tasks
Knowledge of the West Africa Sub-region, ECOWAS, and the AU
Available for frequent travel
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a CV and a one-page cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Deadline for application: Thursday, October 20, 2022.
- The Ghana Center for Democratic Development DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We hereby Advice that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more Questions and further Information pertaining to this recruitment get in touch with us on the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for Ghana Center for Democratic Development Recruitment 2022
To apply for the Ghana Center for Democratic Development Recruitment Recruitment 2022. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Ghana Center for Democratic Development Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.