African Union Recruitment 2022/2023. African Union invites interested applicants from suitably qualified candidates for African Union Recruitment 2022.
IF you are a Ghanaian or you live in Ghana, this an opportunity for you to get recruited. because African Union is currently Recruiting new workers.
Available Positions Include:
1. Job Title: VIP Protection _AfCFTA
Purpose of Job
Provides daily technical support in the execution of security operations activities in a bid to ensure a safe and secure work environment
- Provide timely safety and security administrative and operational support;
- Assist in activity planning;
- Prepare operational work schedules and follow up implementation;
- Coordinate and/or engage in technical assistance and/or logistical work;
- Assist in the creation, improvement and maintenance of operational processes and systems;
- Prepare office communication and draft reports;
- Handle communication at operational level and provide update;
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of data and information for preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, activities etc.;
- Prepare and review security plan for the VIP movements;
- Protecting the VIP or designated official from threats of physical violence;
- Provide immediate lifesaving treatment to the VIP in the event of an incident/attack;
- Conducting reconnaissance for premises, such as events, hotels, restaurants and theatres, before the VIP arrives;
- Surveying the layout of venues, noting potential hazards and exposure to risks;
- Driving the VIP when required;
- Accompanying the VIP on business and/or social trips;
- Maintain continues communication with security emergency operations center and control room before, on the move and after any movement of the VIP to and from any location;
- Report daily activities and irregularities;
- Gather regularly threat information from Emergency planning and response /threat and risk Unit
- Conduct personal threat assessment to the VIP;
- Plan and conduct security survey of meeting venue’s, hotels, restaurants and theatres, before the VIP arrives;
- Monitor the electronic surveillance equipment used on the premises
- Work with staff to develop safety plans for the buildings that monitored
- Report daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage or theft
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and vehicles and prevent passage of prohibited materials or articles into restricted areas
- Perform and other related duties and functions as necessary or incidental to the proper performance of this position.
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
Diploma in Security Studies or related fields with 5years of relevant work experience in Police, military, or VIP security
Bachelor’s Degree in Security Studies or related fields with 2years of relevant work experience in Police, military, or VIP security.
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication ability both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
- Risk Awareness and Compliance
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating Clearly
- Trouble shooting
- Job Knowledge Sharing
- Task Focused
- Continuous Improvement Awareness
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 15,758.00 (GSA5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 23rd May. 2022
- The African Union DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We hereby Advice that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more Questions and further Information pertaining to this recruitment get in touch with us on the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before Apply for African Union Recruitment 2022
To apply for the African Union Recruitment Recruitment 2022. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum African Union Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.