The Absa Bank Recruitment 2023/2024… | Absa Bank Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. Absa Bank recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines are for free here.
Are you a Ghanaian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited in the upcoming Absa Bank Recruitment and yet you are still not sure on how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Ghanaian for the 2023/2024 Absa Bank recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Absa Bank.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Ghanaian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
Absa Bank Recruitment 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Business & Governance Officer
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
- Reporting to the Head, Markets, the Business Manager has the responsibility of providing focus in business direction through planning and driving financial performance, business management, performance management and elaborate MI processes of the Markets business. The role holder is also the principal point of contact with other business functions and External Auditors on performance related matters and projects. This also involves keeping an eye on industry evolution, competitive dynamics and the identification of opportunities that Absa can seize in the marketplace.
- This requires the role holder to have regular contact with Country Finance teams and other business and support functions to proactively set and agree performance drivers. Tracking, monitoring, analyzing and reviewing progress against targets and making recommendations to the Head of Markets and the wider team members. The role holder is therefore expected to have a broad knowledge of the Markets products and financial planning, and a believer in budget and performance discipline.
- The Role holder also manages all Governance and Compliance issues. Also acts as a liaison with Compliance Department on compliance and regulatory issues, Audit Department on Audit Issues and Operational Risk and Management Assurance on Risk Issues
Enabling Decision making/Strategy Formulation and implementation
Time Split %: 45
- Drives strategy formulation and delivery through formal qualitative and quantitative analytics, problem framing, value chain assessments and market opportunity identification.
- Support Head of Markets in the delivery of aligned business strategy that takes account of financial performance, Function health [5Cs], balance sheet & risk management and attainment of required goals and objectives.
- Evaluate, interpret, distribute and redistribute where necessary relevant information being brought to the Head of Markets & Treasurer attention to ensure that the Head’s time is not taken up by operational issues.
- Take personal accountability for resolving issues lodged directly with the Head of Markets & Treasurer
- Advise the Head of Markets on on-going issues and programmes to address these in the business unit and set up a process for monitoring
- Continuously monitor the overall Business Performance (Finance, Risk, Compliance, Change, HR) of the business unit and advise the Head of Market of any possible deviations and the actions that have been created by the business units to address these
- Conduct ongoing assessments of market and competitive landscape e.g. mergers, top competitors, identification of clear water/white space opportunities and seizing them to determine suitability for the business to venture in.
- In the event of major issues in the business unit, act as crisis coordinator and allocate tasks to the crisis teams
- Continuously monitor the potential impact of new tactical plans on the reputation risk of the department and the Bank and advise Head of Markets on appropriate action to take to minimise the risk
- Specific responsibility for Strategic Planning and Financial Analysis of Specific Projects
- Develop and drive key strategic activities in the Head of Market’s office ensuring overall fit with business strategy in context of overall Africa Markets strategy.
- Deliver insightful recommendations in a persuasive and thoughtful manner.
- Support Head of Markets to achieve Customer service standards/experience and building Absa Market profile/reputation within the country and sub-region whilst maintaining strong business relationships in and outside Absa.
Research and Market intelligence
Time split : 30%
- Work with MI team on market intelligence gathering tools or forums to ensure that at any one time we have information on technology changes, mergers and acquisition, business capabilities of various competitor banks and any other human intelligence that will aid strategy formulation and implementation.
- Carry out research and analysis on a stand-alone basis or as part of other product or functional teams to provide intelligent information for decision making.
- Be a key source for industry intelligence data across various disciplines including industry evolution analysis and competitive dynamics.
- Ability to take business analytics data and drive this to a logical and relevant conclusion e.g. business proposition with minimal supervision.
- Work with the various strategy work-streams of the bank, especially in relation to the Markets business, to measure and improve strategic initiatives as well as make same available to the direct reports of the Head of Markets.
Time Split : 15%
- Prepare the key themes, presentations and reviews for the Head of Markets & Treasurer and assist with detailed content when required
- Evaluate all material and communication prior to it being reviewed by the Head of Markets ensuring that context, analysis and the views of the respective areas are collated, filtered and summarised in a concise manner
- Working with the Operating Model Leads and finance, ensure reporting requirements to Absa Markets, ALCO, Africa and Absa Executive teams are met on time and to the highest quality
Risk Monitoring and Reporting
Time split : 30%
- Co-ordinate periodic snap and quality assurance checks, risk events management, pre-audit preparation, remediation and closure of post audit queries, review of monitoring and control reports.
- Deliver appropriate and regular conformance reviews and monitoring services according to the CPA Methodology/CIB Markets & Treasury Blue Book/Best Practices and Other Policies.
- Ensure that all Relevant Operational Licenses are renewed before due date.
- Ensure that staff in CIB Markets are conversant with Absa Policies on governance e.g. Compliance & Markets Code of Conduct, Complaints Handling etc.
- Attend and participate in process mapping reviews, operational risk assessments of P.O.T Committee.
- Review staff re-imbursement claims and expenditure claims within delegated discretion as determined by HoM from time-to-time
- Ensure all Compliance Reports are circulated and signed off by CIB Markets & Treasury staff
- Handle the Complaints management process in the Department.
- Cost control – Monthly control and account review/reconciliation
Accountability: Administrative Support
Time split %:35
- Managing Flights and accommodation for CIB Markets & Treasury visitors from Absa & others
- Arranging Meetings
- Records Management Champion (Reports)
- Create and maintain records and filing systems, which may include confidential/sensitive information
- Control and manage diary, reminding Head of CIB Markets & Treasurer of future commitments/matters requiring attention.
- Leave management. Manage leave of the entire team to ensure compliance with policy
- Any other duties that will be assigned from time to time
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
How to Apply
Closing Date : 24th October, 2023
- Absa Bank DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
CAUTION: Candidates who wants to Apply for this Recruitment should be very sensitive and careful, We advise that Candidates should visit the Recruitment PORTAL or WEBSITE and follow the Steps outlined for Application. DO NOT GIVE MONEY to any agent proving to get you Recruited Please take Note.
For more questions and further information pertaining to this recruitment, get in touch with us at the Comment Space Below.
Few things to know before applying for Absa Bank Recruitment 2023
To apply for the Absa Bank Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Absa Bank Recruitment Recruitment requirements and possess any required documents before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.